Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
Auberon

Medical marijuana?

Rate this topic

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about chronic inflammation and marijuana. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

(*ahem*)  IF it was legal in my state, i would tell you that it is ridiculously helpful because it would be the only thing that would make me more hungry than dreading eating.   i would tell you that it will stop hiccups, so it soothes nerves and it has been shown to be advantageous in the treatment of so many different conditions - even ptsd and parkinsons - i don't see the reasons why it is not available medically nationwide.  but, i am not a politician, i am just a lowly celiac sufferer.  it WOULD calm my gut, if i were able to say that legally ;) it wouldn't take very much, so, i wouldn't be walking around all stoned, and it's not addictive, so i wouldn't be selling my grandma's jewelry to get some......  but, alas, it is illegal in my state, so, i can't say any of these things.  <_<

Edited by notme!
edited to add the rest of my post lolz
  • Upvote 1

Auberon,

See this new thread started by Ennis_Tx that explain how Capsum in Peppers might mimic the same effect in the body.

And here is an article featured on celiac.com that talks about how Medical Marijuana has helped others with their Celiac disease symptom's.

https://www.celiac.com/articles/24644/1/How-Medical-Marijuana-Helped-Treat-My-Ongoing-Celiac-Disease-Symptoms/Page1.html

I hope this is helpful.

posterboy,

I prefer edible candy. I have glaucoma and celiac so it helps me on a daily basis for all of my medical problems. I wish I could find a strain that has laxative effects so I didn't need linsess. Leafly.com has a lot of strain information and cannabist is a good resource, too. You can use CBD or THC and not get 'stoned'. I function fine on 20 mg of the candy. I refuse to drive if I smoke though. Good luck, hope it helps.