Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Rate this topic

Hi guys, so these past few days I have a little bleeding/brown discharge. This is so embarrassing but I figured I'd ask. My period wasnt suppose to come for a week when I felt like I got pain on my left side and started spotting/seeing blood/brown when I wipe. So I had an ovarian cyst and had it removed in december. I had another on my other ovary but it was much smaller and risky to take off without taking my ovary too so they left it. She said she wasnt concerned about it bursting. Could the bleeding be from the gluten free diet and my body changing? Or do you think this could be the ovary/cyst? I'm very worried because these are very bad cysts and quite rare ones. I didnt even think it could be my cyst until I started googling. Ugh worst idea ever to google stuff like that because now I'm having a panic attack thinking I'm gonna be infertile. 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do not panic, but call your GYN to discuss or schedule an appointment.     We are not doctors here, but we can offer you lots of emotional support because we know that celiac disease and anxiety are linked!  

Edited by cyclinglady

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

9 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

Do not panic, but call your GYN to discuss or schedule an appointment.     We are not doctors here, but we can offer you lots of emotional support because we know that celiac disease and anxiety are linked!  

Right that's why I still called my doctor but I just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced the same thing.  I left a message And a nurse is going to get back to me so hopefully that will provide some relief .

Join eNewsletter

Celiac put me into a premature menapause and after being gluten free for a couple months I did start spotting.  I did get scared and made an appointment with my OB/GYN. In my case it was nothing and hopefully that will be the case for you also. Celiac can really mess with our reproductive systems and stress or illness can mess us up also.  I hope the nurse gets back to you soon and is able to set your mind at ease or set you up with a quick appointment.  Will keep my fingers crossed that it isn't another cyst acting up.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter