Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
pcooley4195

Lower back stiffness

Rate this topic

I was wondering if anyone had any advice to help get rid of low back pain caused by inflammation, I never had back pain until I went to a physical therapist for my tingling in my legs, they told me it was from a lower back issue, however I now realized the tingling was from the celiac.

Are you sure you do not have fractures?  I fractured two vertebrae two months after my celiac disease diagnosis DOING NOTHING!!!!   Turns out I have osteoporosis from untreated celiac disease.  ?  Consider a bone scan.  

• Upvote 1

On April 23, 2017 at 10:06 PM, pcooley4195 said:

I was wondering if anyone had any advice to help get rid of low back pain caused by inflammation, I never had back pain until I went to a physical therapist for my tingling in my legs, they told me it was from a lower back issue, however I now realized the tingling was from the celiac.

On April 24, 2017 at 0:11 AM, cyclinglady said:

Are you sure you do not have fractures?  I fractured two vertebrae two months after my celiac disease diagnosis DOING NOTHING!!!!   Turns out I have osteoporosis from untreated celiac disease.  ?  Consider a bone scan.  

I had a bone scan it didn't show any fractures, basically I left physical therapy in pain, it then went away. But my knee pain and tingling didn't go away so I tried PT again and I left it pain. Then I realized I had celiac and now all my pain is gone other then the back pain.. I'm basically worried I healed from the celiac and PT caused a whole new problem that never had to happen.