Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×

Rate this topic

HI all. Blood, genetic and 3 biopsies diagnosed Celiac 2007. Spent 10 years on elimination diet of 9 foods to have stable colon and CRP. Never had bad Celiac numbers and my weight dropped 90 lbs from inflamation under control. Great cholesterol. Last two years have been adding foods. Last summer developed sharp pain in right flank, severe. After ultrasounds and MRI no diagnosis. Three back to back bladder infections and high CRP, Westergreen and Cholesterol later I went back to elimination diet for 30 days. Hard with food and starvation fear. Blood perfect again. Just wanted to share that obviously some food I added took me down hard. I am militant gluten-free and my Celiac blood work was normal throughout. Pain is gone. Anyone else experience this. Did you find out what it was and what test or Lab? Thanks to all who share here.

Hi pikelakegirl,

Adding foods back in after an elimination diet should be done slowly.  Add a new food, wait 3 days, add another if there are no problems.  That way you know what foods are the problem.  Adding foods back in slowly is vital in understanding what foods are an issue.

I hope you feel better now! :)