Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×

Rate this topic

Has anyone had an reaction to potatoes? Just made couple bake potatoes 2hrs ago and now I feel awful...just wondering thought potatoes were gluten free??‍♂️

5 minutes ago, M_SMOOTH said:

Has anyone had an reaction to potatoes? Just made couple bake potatoes 2hrs ago and now I feel awful...just wondering thought potatoes were gluten free??‍♂️

They are gluten-free.  Did you use butter that might have gluten crumbs on it?  For me , it takes more than 2 hours to feel the effect of gluten- maybe something you ate before?  Maybe  stomach virus?

-_- I can only think of two things, 1 something you put on your potato was contaminated like the butter container could have crumbs in it or something like that as mentioned before, and you could be having a reaction to dairy or what ever was put in it.......IF it was just plain potato and you reacted with bloating and cramping you might have a carb issues, tad rare and most associated with additional auto immune diseases but could be in which case a diet of fats and protein would be your answer much like it is for me now days.

What all have you eaten in the privous 8 hours including beverages, condiments, spices and foods?