Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
2 2
Stephen McMahon

Is J.D gross 56% dark choclate gluten free says may contain nuts milk soya

Rate this topic

Hi Stephen,

Welcome!

I am not sure because I've never drank this beverage, but gluten can be hidden if the ingredients say there are natural flavors (sometimes barely is used as a flavoring). To be on the safe side, I suggest calling the company who makes the beverage. 

Milk, soy and nuts are listed, so it seems to me that they would have listed wheat if there was any in the beverage.

Its a chocolate bar ingredients : sugar , cocoa Mass,cocoa butter, 0.5% sea salt, emulsifer : sunflower lecithin  ; vanilla extract 

Allergy advice may contain milk nuts and soya 

I would contact company but no number email etc would you think it be safe on the information above thanks ☺

Searched there googled it but no look but in the ingredients above I should be safe do you think only got diagnosed a month ago it's kind of heard to get used to but I wanna be on the safe side

Nuts, milk and soya are gluten-free. Even so, the notice says "may contain" which is a warning to possible accidental contamination. If you like it, enjoy it, worry-free. :)

Thanks for all the comments and information I think I'll try it u don't get a rely bad reaction to gluten if eat a small bit id I eat alot I die for days it's tuf enough every day checking lablebs and stuff

16 hours ago, Stephen McMahon said:

Is j.d gross56% dark choclate gluten free says may contain milk nuts soya 

Hi Stephen and welcome :)

That's a Lidl brand yes? I think they're ok, it's awhile since I ate one but I don't recall any issues. 

I know for certain that the Aldi Moser Roth equivalents are gluten-free and they're really good so if there's an Aldi near you check them out:

https://cdn.aldi-digital.co.uk/@tTES1ro4p2KdbnoNhxf6PEth0M.pdf

I have to say Lidl aren't as good at helping us find their gluten free stuff, though there is some there if you look.

The single best thing you could do right now is join Coeliac UK (if you're in the UK that is). They will send you a book with 'safe' products and you can check them online via an app. It will save you time and money and most of all stress.

Oh and there's some recommendations in this thread:

Thanks very much ya I rang lidl they said they would let me no in a week haha ya aldi is a ten min walk so I'll give a walk up der soon stock up on some choclate till den☺☺

1 hour ago, Stephen McMahon said:

Thanks very much ya I rang lidl they said they would let me no in a week haha ya aldi is a ten min walk so I'll give a walk up der soon stock up on some choclate till den☺☺

Great! Check that list that I linked to, there is a lot you can eat at aldi, not all of it is marked gluten free.

the snack write crisps are ok, also the tortilla chips and salsa. Creme caramels are nice too.  They do a version of magnum ice creams that are safe.

and don't forget there are some regular bars you can eat, as long as you can have dairy, twirl, flake, wispa, fudge, curly wurly and crunchie

8 minutes ago, Jmg said:

Great! Check that list that I linked to, there is a lot you can eat at aldi, not all of it is marked gluten free.

the snack write crisps are ok, also the tortilla chips and salsa. Creme caramels are nice too.  They do a version of magnum ice creams that are safe.

and don't forget there are some regular bars you can eat, as long as you can have dairy, twirl, flake, wispa, fudge, curly wurly and crunchie

Thanks so much greatly appreciated 

• Upvote 1