Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
1 1
Rose246

Food recomendations

Rate this topic

My 11 year old daughter has a lactose intolerance, high fructose corn syrup malabsorption, and now has been told to go gluten free. I guess my question is does anyone have any food recomendations?    

Baked goods by simple mills, are grain free and corn free. and lactose free, they have bread, cupcakes, waffles, pancakes etc mixes. As for meals Stir Fry, soups, omelettes, roast meats, grilled meat,s steamed veggies, grilled veggies, baked sweet potatoes baked fish.  I am allergic to corn myself and have a bunch of other issues so I can not eat grains at all. I find eating a bunch of nuts , seeds, veggies  works out great for my celiac and gut. Julian Bakery makes grain free an corn free premade loafs you can order online. They come in a bit raw in the center and you have to toast them. Love having the breads toasted with sugar free jam by palmore, or almond butter. Even open topped sandwiches with their almond bread toasted with mashed avocado and egg whites and vegan cheese, I love using Daiya slices, blocks....the shreds are terrible. I have a post of gluten free foods and various options that list grain free and dairy free options .

I have recipes for vegan cheesy breads, cheese sauces, etc all gluten and dairy free if your interested. I do chef work at a side job and have many meal ideas and recipes.

https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/117090-gluten-free-food-alternatives-list/

Keep it simple at first.    Whole fruit, veggies, eggs, fish, rice,  meats, nuts, etc.  Avoid oats as some celiacs can react to them.  Eventually, add in some processed foods after mastering how to read a label.  You will get there!  ?

Ennis does a great job working around his intolerances which are so common and varied with celiacs.