• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

My Dr kept saying there was no check. So I decided to try gluten-free. Then they decided to do test and came back negative.i already have severe ibs swinging between diahrea for months as soon as eaten to not going 10 days,  went lactose intolerant. I suddenly lost weight wearing children's clothes so was told to eat dairy. Within 2 year I gained 5 stone. Still struggling with health more issues adding I had underachieve thyroid. I been offered colostomy over 10 yr ago due to period bleeding from back but refused. Anyway rushed in hospital after not going 10 days admitted told had slow bowel n sent home after 2 days. Now struggling to pass last few month won't flush it smells stale it's about 10" circumference sometimes always long like snake hurts like **** like hedgehog with an attitude. I was recently told I'm calcium vitamin d defiecency and health now rapidly down hill. Lots other issues. Started aged 22 now I'm 52. Need answers. Some this is not in right lines but I have fibromyalgia n CFS plus facial pains due to jaw?? I have new Dr now should I ask for test ...oh and was healthy lost the 5 stone now gaining it back and once to twice day started eating cornflakes with weetabix plus toast.... sometimes my poop is long and thin too simple by it curls round like snake. Have acid reflux too. I also suffered syncope whilst on toilet many times in one sitting...

Edited by Irmgard
Missed bit out

If you are currently eating gluten, I would ask for  a Celiac blood panel.  

But I am finding your post a bit confusing.  For example - colostomy is not a cure for excessive menstrual bleeding.    I am wondering if you need to have a long talk with the doctor and get some explanations.  Maybe bring a friend along to hear it, too?