Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
Victoria1234

Carne asada cheese fries

Rate this topic

My husband came up with a delicious, easy to make recipe.... Basically it's frozen French fries topped with a cheese sauce, meat and salsa. And Avocados in my case.

We get chicken breasts, usually fairly inexpensive, or a London broil or skirt steak that's on sale. Pound your meat thin. Dust your chicken or steak with a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic powder and your choice of heat inducing peppers. Cook to your preference and slice thin.

Make cheese sauce with 1 cup shredded cheese, we use a block of cheddar. Dust the shreds with a Tbs. of rice flour. Pour over and mix in 1 cup evaporated milk. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, microwave for another 30 seconds, stir till completely melted. If you can't do dairy I bet Ennis's cheese sauce would work great. I add a bit of hot peppers to taste.

Cook up a cookie sheets' worth of your favorite frozen French fries.

everyone can take their own plate and put down a layer of fries, drizzle cheese sauce over them, sprinkle on the meat, and whatever other goodies you wish like salsa, green onion, cilantro, avacado. Eat with fingers or fork. Get ready to put another load of fries in the oven if you are like my family.... 3 teenage boys really plow thru food.

Delicious! Hope you all enjoy. Let me know any improvements! We eat this once a week now!

• Upvote 1

Sounds yummy!  I make cookie sheets full of nachos: corn chips (base), layer with refried beans, cooked meat/chicken, and cheese.  Bake until cheese has melted.   Before serving, add sour cream, quacamole/avocado, salsa, peppers, tomatoes.  We all huddle around the cookie sheets and eat.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

Sounds yummy!  I make cookie sheets full of nachos: corn chips (base), layer with refried beans, cooked meat/chicken, and cheese.  Bake until cheese has melted.   Before serving, add sour cream, quacamole/avocado, salsa, peppers, tomatoes.  We all huddle around the cookie sheets and eat.  

Mmmm, what a nice, easy sounding quick dinner or snack! Must try asap!