Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
stacieb

feeling weak

Rate this topic

after going gluten-free I felt great! but lately I have been feeling bad. the gluten symptoms are still gone, but now I am weak, foggy,  any ideas? doc did a full blood work up, all came back normal

What does weak mean?  Like you squat down and and you can not get back up?  Or are you fatigued?  When you said blood panel, was your thyroid tested?  Antibodies for thyroid should be checked if you have celiac.  So many of us have thyroid issues.  

1. Double checked your antibodies?

2. Those of us with celiac have issues with some nutrients for various reasons, being either we can not absorb enough of them from our foods due to damage to intestines or the new gluten-free foods you changed to are non fortified and do not contain the nutrients you which is especially true if you eat a bunch of processed gluten-free foods. A combination of both of these can lead to extreme fatigues. I found taking Magnesium, and B-Vtitamin supplementation helps (Liquid Health Stress & Energy along with Neurological support same company, Liquid version is easy to absorb and no pills). Look into KAL Nutritional Yeast also, I use it to make condiment cheese sauces, toppings, blend it with egg whites. it contains many nutrients we are lacking and is a great supplement/food to have in your diet.

3, Look into what cycling lady mentioned, this could also be a issues.

4. Had your blood sugar checked?