Rate this topic

I am not getting enough vitamins my body needs before and after being diagnosed with celiac. Can anyone recommend great vitamins to help me get back on track. Everywhere I go the vitamins itself contains gluten or was made a gluten facility. I don't eat a lot because I am still getting sick so I need to find a way to get more nutrients into me. 

Thanks!

On 5/28/2017 at 3:57 PM, Ginger1012 said:

I am not getting enough vitamins my body needs before and after being diagnosed with celiac. Can anyone recommend great vitamins to help me get back on track. Everywhere I go the vitamins itself contains gluten or was made a gluten facility. I don't eat a lot because I am still getting sick so I need to find a way to get more nutrients into me. 

Thanks!

Every morning I chew up two vitafusion women's gummies. They are gluten free and I called them and they don't process anything with gluten in their facility. You can easily find them at Walmart. Alive gummy vitamins are also gluten free. I take garden of life Dr. Formulated probiotics (30 billion) once per day. I don't know how much difference that's made but I figure it can't hurt to take a probiotic. They are certified gluten free and each batch is tested. I called them as well. 

My vitamin d levels increased after I was diagnosed, and i was "sufficient" with vitamin d, so I stopped taking my supplement and just get it in my multivitamin. I plan to go get tested for vitamin d and b-12 now that I'm a few months out. I may end up back on a supplement. I know my doctor likes vitamin d levels to be much higher than what the lab considers sufficient.