Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
2 2
AnLi

Urthbox

Rate this topic

Anyone had trouble with Urthbox?  Its a subscription company that guarantees gluten free food but often sends food that could be cross contimated.  It sends food from companies that will not themselves say it is safe for Celiacs. I have recieved products that say "may contain wheat"

Is this just annoying practice or is this illegal?  I'm having such a difficult time these days with trusting companies that say they are there to help!

28 minutes ago, AnLi said:

Anyone had trouble with Urthbox?  Its a subscription company that guarantees gluten free food but often sends food that could be cross contimated.  It sends food from companies that will not themselves say it is safe for Celiacs. I have recieved products that say "may contain wheat"

Is this just annoying practice or is this illegal?  I'm having such a difficult time these days with trusting companies that say they are there to help!

Yeah, this happens a lot and is why many of us stick to gluten-free certified foods and certain brands. The gluten free but may contain wheat is a legal thing they do to cover themselves in case someone gets sick. Note these are more targeted at the gluten free bandwagon people then the medically required.

Oh and with urthbox one of my friends had a huge problem canceling her subscription with them...wish you better luck

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, AnLi said:

It happened to me multiple times. One time a product actually contained wheat. I wrote them twice then finally canceled. A bummer because it was a fun idea. 

• Upvote 1