Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
1 1
Fibromom

I need help interpreting labs! I don't return to Dr. until end of June

Rate this topic

Hello all! I'm a newbie and was wondering if anyone could help me interpret labs? Immunoglobulin A =276 mg/DL  ref range =87-352mg/DL. Deamidated gliadin Ab, IgA =6 units ref range=0-19 units. Deamidated gliadin Ab ,IgG =2units ref range=0-19 units. t Transglutaminase , IgA=<2 u/ml ref range 0-3u/ml, t Transglutaminase , IgG= <2 u/mk ref range 0-5 u/ml. I also have hypothyroidism, fibromyalgia, lots of belly issues! Can anyone help me understand this crazy test result

they are all in the ref range so you've tested negative for Celiac, your total IGA is in the normal range as well which means you are not IgA deficient and its unlikely that they are false negatives

were you eating gluten for a few weeks before the blood test, if you had already gone gluten free that can also cause false negatives

Thanks for helping me to understand the results. Yes I am still having gluten. I am so wanting answers to why I feel so bad. I also have vit. D deficiency ( I take 50,000 units once a week) and my potassium drops if I go off of supplements. I am hypothyroid and have such terrible aches and pains all over (fibro). I've been to 2 rheumatologist. I was hoping that i had found my answers with Celiac's. Isn't it awful that I'm disappointed that I haven't found my answers?

i know what you mean, its understandable to be disappointed, its so exhausting and frustrating when doctors can't figure out whats wrong with you. i hope you get some answers soon :)

there are alot of very knowledgeable people on this forum who may be able to offer some advice

1 hour ago, Fibromom said:

I was hoping that i had found my answers with Celiac's. Isn't it awful that I'm disappointed that I haven't found my answers?

Not at all, it's perfectly natural. 

Discuss with your doctor. You have symptoms that are suggestive of celiac but test negative. If they feel it's been properly excluded and don't want to test further then consider trialling the gluten free diet for several months. Lot's of people who tested negative but have thyroid or stomach issues find that going gluten free can help or even fully resolve symptoms. Just don't start this until you and your doctors agree that testing is done.

Best of luck :)

it would be interesting to know whether you are using that potassium up somehow, or losing it thru the kidneys,  if the second need to see a nephrologist, i would think.