Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jnkmnky

Kinnikinnick Has New Products That Look Tasty.

has anyone tried any of their breads that have fiber in them- like the brown sandwich bread or multigrain rice bread (or any others) i am looking for a bread or muffin that is edible and has some fiber in it, and most of the gluten-free breads i have seen have < 1 gram! also, if anyone knows any stores in nyc that sells their stuff, do share! (trying to avoid ordering online...) Thanks!

Kinnickinnick has a multigtain gluten-free bread but I didn't look at it very closely because it has yeast - a no no for me. Multigrain should have fiber.

I believe you can place a phone order with them - also order a catalog. Claire

http://www.kinnikinnick.com/

There are some new cookies... which I was more than willing to try after eating their Montana chocolate chip cookies and their cranberry lemon cookies. oooHH. those are good. If you get the lemon cranberry cookies, microwave them for a few seconds - they get CHEWY and so delicious. So, I'll let you know how the new cookies are. Plus there was some other new stuff. But the cookies looked kind of oreoish and folks here are always asking for Oreos.

Thanks for the microwave idea. I miss oreos. :ph34r:

As I can't handle yeast, a lot of their products are not for me. Finding a yeast free bread that looks and tastes and has the texture of bread is indeed a real find. It doesn't have a lot of flavor but spreads and fillings can take care of that. It is the texture of bread that I have missed - for 15 years now - so this a treat. Claire

I too must avoid yeast, but also sugar, so that usually means nothing prepackaged. However, I don't prefer sweets, but I'd like some stuff like pizza crust, bagels, muffins, banana/carrot bread, etc. I just can't seem to find time to bake them myself, much less experiment with the ingredients. Might you know of anything like that?

I make the gluten free pantry's banana and lemon poppy seed bread once a week. It's so easy. I replace the egg with Energy Egg Replacer and use rice milk instead of regular milk. It's surprising how good it is. Give it a try if you get a chance, Riceguy. Kinnikinik's raisin bread with a lot of smart balance is also decent, imo. Some here don't like it, so maybe i'm desperate for food at this point. B)

Guest gfinnebraska
Kinnikinik's raisin bread with a lot of smart balance is also decent, imo. Some here don't like it, so maybe i'm desperate for food at this point. B)

For some reason their raisin bread made me really sick. No clue why. Their donuts are fine... no reaction. But the raisin bread made me really sick. I know it was the bread because I eliminated and then ate it again. Ugh! It was really good though!!

Kinnikinik's raisin bread with a lot of smart balance is also decent, imo.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into the ingredients and hopefully it safe. BTW, I'm gonna try Earth Balance instead, since it has no casein, no dairy, or a bunch of the other things which Smart Balance and typical margarine seem to have. It's also a stick instead of a spread, so it's good for baking and frying too :) I've never liked spreads anyway, as none I've tried have tasted good, and they don't hold up when melted.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into the ingredients and hopefully it safe. BTW, I'm gonna try Earth Balance instead, since it has no casein, no dairy, or a bunch of the other things which Smart Balance and typical margarine seem to have. It's also a stick instead of a spread, so it's good for baking and frying too :) I've never liked spreads anyway, as none I've tried have tasted good, and they don't hold up when melted.

I'll have to look for Earth Balance. Thanks.

I was in Italy last year (before I was diagnosed). The public toilets are actually holes in the ground that you have to "squat over". Maybe "loo" is the Brittish pronunciation of "low".

Cindy

Really? That seems bizarre to me. :blink:

Is it like that everywhere in Italy?

Really? That seems bizarre to me. :blink:

Is it like that everywhere in Italy?

Rachel - I don't know about everywhere, but it is in Venice. Other than that, it is a wonderful place to visit. If you go into a bar or restaurant to use the bathroom, you actually have real toilets.

The hotel that we stayed in had a bidet. My son wanted to know why the toilet had a sink in it.

Cindy