Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
2 2
Victoria1234

gluten-free alcohol

Rate this topic

I just commented on 2 different beer questions and now I Realize  I haven't had any alcohol in ages. Suddenly wanting something to celebrate the end of the school year! What alcohols are gluten-free? Like rum and vodka type alcohols? 

1 hour ago, Victoria1234 said:

I just commented on 2 different beer questions and now I Realize  I haven't had any alcohol in ages. Suddenly wanting something to celebrate the end of the school year! What alcohols are gluten-free? Like rum and vodka type alcohols? 

The Distilling process removes most if not all gluten from any hard liqour even wheat based ones the exception being some flavored ones. NOW if you want wheat free, rum and a FEW BRANDS OF VODKA are wheat free. most vodka now days is made with grains, There are a few brands that still make a potato vodka and a grape vodka, and even a corn one.    I personally just stick to rum and use it mostly for cooking now days. Can not drink the stuff much any more. AGAIN be careful of flavored liquors. 

1 hour ago, Ennis_TX said:

The Distilling process removes most if not all gluten from any hard liqour even wheat based ones the exception being some flavored ones. NOW if you want wheat free, rum and a FEW BRANDS OF VODKA are wheat free. most vodka now days is made with grains, There are a few brands that still make a potato vodka and a grape vodka, and even a corn one.    I personally just stick to rum and use it mostly for cooking now days. Can not drink the stuff much any more. AGAIN be careful of flavored liquors. 

Thanks! Rum it shall be!

100 % agave tequila is Gluten free. (some cheaper brands of tequila mix with grain alcohol -  they are called "Mixto"  So, you just have to make sure it says 100% agave.

Tito's vodka is Certified gluten-free

14 hours ago, TexasJen said:

100 % agave tequila is Gluten free. (some cheaper brands of tequila mix with grain alcohol -  they are called "Mixto"  So, you just have to make sure it says 100% agave.

Tito's vodka is Certified gluten-free

Oh thank you! I think I have some 100% agave tequila already... unless my husband drank it <_<