This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

To the Forum

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

This is a bit of a information about me/explanation to the forum about one of my non celiac issues. Also a bit of an apology, to anyone I might offend or annoy.

I also have a form of Autism called Asperger Syndrome, and sometimes if not all the time I act a bit odd, respond in unique ways, or show a odd interest in things. I also tend to put odd perspectives, become a bit obsessed, and overlay misconceptions etc. Best way to describe my issue is if you have seen Big Bang Theory the American TV show. I am Sheldon, his character shows all the main characteristics of Asperger Syndrome but a bit exaggerated.  Feel free to do research on it if you wish.

This is just a bit of a explanation/PSA about quirks that might appear from me in ways I respond and interact with others. What brought this up is I recently was made aware that I unknowingly offended some people IRL in a group, and we had to sit down and go over this issue. You have to be BLUNT with me about my issues I do not notice them, and many times what seems completely normal from my perspective of interaction is not by most standards, I also do not pick up on ques and hints much, and take many things at face value and assume a lot. Just pull me aside and PM me if this happens here.

Just thought I would come about about this part of it

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Try not to be too concerned. I am also in that group as are my adult children. Last nights BBT with Sheldon trying to decide on which game system to buy really hits home in a way that is much more humorous than was felt when dealing with it in reality.  It is the differnces in people that make the world more interesting. Embrace yours without apology.

plumbago Experienced

The more people feel free to be who they are, the better, I say! Go forth and express whatever way you see fit. I like that you claimed your space.

Plumbago

• 1 month later...
Awol cast iron stomach Experienced

I follow your content so your blunt style is not a deal breaker for me. Perhaps we all need a little Sheldon in our lives. 

Estes Contributor

I have enjoyed your posts and responses for a while.  I appreciate your level of knowledge and willingness to share it.  Your openness and honesty is refreshing. Thank you for all of it!  

Archived