Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
2 2
danielle.f

PLEASE does this look like DH

Rate this topic

Hi .there. I'm so tired of feelig like absolute poo every day! I'm 21 and I have horrible skin, mucous in my stool, extreme stomach upset and fatigue every day! I get confused, spacey, lightheaded, dizzy, irritable feelings constantly it seems. My whole body always hurts. And my joints. If im not constipated, I have diarrhea. Gas. Bloating. Itchy rashy bumpy skin. Plus I'm always hungry it seems.  

Please tell me I'm on to figuring wth is wrong with me :( celiac isnt good it is a horrible diagnosis but I just need some answers. . Can I have your opinions please?  Thanks!

I dont know if my photos are going to work   .  Hopefully they do... :-/ 

2017-06-27_12.31.13.jpg

13 hours ago, danielle.f said:

celiac isnt good it is a horrible diagnosis but I just need some answers. . Can I have your opinions please?  Thanks!

This may sound weird as celiac is a serious auto immune disease... but... If you're diagnosed with celiac and follow the gluten free diet you could look forward to all of this:

13 hours ago, danielle.f said:

I'm so tired of feelig like absolute poo every day! I'm 21 and I have horrible skin, mucous in my stool, extreme stomach upset and fatigue every day! I get confused, spacey, lightheaded, dizzy, irritable feelings constantly it seems. My whole body always hurts. And my joints. If im not constipated, I have diarrhea. Gas. Bloating. Itchy rashy bumpy skin. Plus I'm always hungry it seems.

going away, without taking a pill or doing anything other than changing the way you eat. So don't be afraid of pursuing a diagnosis! Stay eating gluten, go to your doctors and ask them to test for celiac and to refer you to a dermatologist for the skin issues.

They can test your blood for markers. The Dermatologist can take a sample from your skin near the blisters (see admin's link) and you may get the answers you need.

Finally, if the tests are all negative and the doctors don't want to conduct any more you can go gluten free yourself to see if it helps. I tested negative but had many similar symptoms and they all cleared up on the diet. 

So, stay on gluten for now, get some tests underway and don't let anyone fob you off. You deserve some answers and you need to be assertive about your health and wellbeing when getting some.

Good luck!

Your pics aren't very clear, but I can tell you it doesn't look like the dh I had, but that doesn't mean it's not dh. You need to be tested. Celiac isn't horrible at all once you manage it correctly with a gluten-free diet. And keep eating gluten until all your tests are done. You need a celiac panel blood test too.