This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dry/Damaged Skin Fix

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Funny how this came about, I have really dry and callused hands, mostly from burning/cutting/etc. from not having feelings in my hands, and Callused feet from walking 12+miles a day (stress pacing).

Anyway I was at the market a while back, and a old farmer was talking to me and noticed my hands and from there it went on, and I had mentioned I used Vaseline etc. He said that what I really want to use is this stuff that came in a green can called bag balm. He said it was meant to prevent/heal dry skin on cow utters and bags. But that he noticed it worked wonders on his hands. I looked into it and it is actually sold in health stores as a moisturizer. So I ordered the 8oz tin as it was the best deal at the time and it seems to be working great. AND it only has a few ingredients so very simple. Smells a bit off and takes some getting used to but I like how simple. it is and effective. Really should listen to your elders more often, they really know what they are talking about.  Here is a link for reference to the product and where to buy it Open Original Shared Link

Feed back and thoughts on this welcome, still a bit iffy and feels odd using something....meant for cow udders, on my hands but seems to be working.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jmg Mentor

Yes! I'm one of the first people to import bag balm to the uk and can attest to its wonderful moisturising power. I use it often and haven't detected any side effects at all. In fact, moost of the time I forget it's on. Moore and Moore people are using it over here and moo moo mooo the moo of moo. When moo the mooo moo. Moo moo juicy grass, moo moo moo moo, can't stop chewing, moo moo, keeps my new tail moist,  moo moo, moo...

:P

knitty kitty Grand Master

Open Original Shared Link

I use Vintage  Traditions tallow balm, comes in lots of nice scents, and unscented, too.  Some smell like aftershave, others are more delicate.  Can't really detect that "beefy" tang.  Really works wonders on my calluses, on feet and hands, and soothes the itching of DH.  Hope you'll try it.

?Moo moo.. . . . . Side effects.. . . ..lol very good!

Gemini Experienced

Bag balm has been used for years for really dry skin.  No side effects except for people like JMG who now moo often......:P

Archived