This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pc Free From Hot Dogs

Abungay

Abungay Rookie

Hi does anyone know if PC Free From Hot dog weiners are gluten free? From the ingredients it looks like they are, but everytime I eat them I get very gassy, it doesn't feel like a full on gluten episode. Could there be cross contamination?

Anyone know of any gluten free hotdogs that I could buy instead, I don't want to giveup my grilled dogs this bbq season?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Hey, I checked the website.  (You could not PAY me to eat a hot dog because they come right back up....allergy thing -- not celiac disease).  Anyway, it says "may contain wheat and soy".  This product is NOT safe for celiacs!  

Open Original Shared Link

Abungay Rookie

Thanks, I live in Newfoundland Canada, and there are not a lot of options for gluten free food. I keep hearing it is much better than it used to be. PC also does smokies which are gluten free, it is wrote right on the front of the package. I am going to try them instead. I really do like having a hot dog on the bbq every now and then. 

Rob S. Contributor

I contacted Vienna Beef a month or so ago to check on the status of its products. Here is the response I received: Good Afternoon Rob, Thank you for your email. Our Corned Beef, Beef Franks, Polish Sausage, Pastrami and Bratwurst are all gluten free. If you need anything further, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Have A Great DayJ Vienna Beef Ltd.

Beverage Rising Star

I found a decent gluten free hot dog in the health food section of my Fred Meyer's in Washington state. It's Organic Prairie brand, grass fed, free of icky stuff, and it actually tastes like beef.  Maybe you can find the web site and see where they are sold near you.

Archived