Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
Ennis_TX

Bringing Gluten Containing Foods to the FDA Attention

Rate this topic

GFD recently did a post on how they are working to bring foods the the FDAs attention and getting them to act when they are discovered to contain unlisted gluten or gluten in gluten free foods. I thought this was interesting and nice to see someone fighting for this https://www.glutenfreewatchdog.org/news/encouraging-the-fda-to-investigate-when-products-labeled-gluten-free-appear-misbranded/

3 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

GFD recently did a post on how they are working to bring foods the the FDAs attention and getting them to act when they are discovered to contain unlisted gluten or gluten in gluten free foods. I thought this was interesting and nice to see someone fighting for this https://www.glutenfreewatchdog.org/news/encouraging-the-fda-to-investigate-when-products-labeled-gluten-free-appear-misbranded/

Thanks for sharing. That's really nice to see.

Thanks Ennis. An issue at the heart of AWOL. I know the FDA tries, but often I fear that due to budget restraints etc the issue requires the village GFWD says. I believe some companies can be confused and delayed about understanding allergies, celiac, food intolerance s, and the need for transparency and vigilance in labeling for consumers. Sometimes I fear the business underestimates the seriousness and  views it as too expensive or just a difficult customer. In addition to the misbranding GFWD mentions there are adverse event reports consumer may not be aware of. The consumer, the Dr., and the business have a form to notify the FDA of adverse events. Some forms are  voluntary and some mandatory based on the circumstances. If anyone wants to read up 

https://www.fda.gov/safety/medwatch/howtoreport/downloadforms/default.htm

In AWOL' s fantasy dream world corn would join be recognized  as the 9th FLACPA food allergy requiring labeling . Still dreaming.....

20 minutes ago, Awol cast iron stomach said:

Thanks Ennis. An issue at the heart of AWOL. I know the FDA tries, but often I fear that due to budget restraints etc the issue requires the village GFWD says. I believe some companies can be confused and delayed about understanding allergies, celiac, food intolerance s, and the need for transparency and vigilance in labeling for consumers. Sometimes I fear the business underestimates the seriousness and  views it as too expensive or just a difficult customer. In addition to the misbranding GFWD mentions there are adverse event reports consumer may not be aware of. The consumer, the Dr., and the business have a form to notify the FDA of adverse events. Some forms are  voluntary and some mandatory based on the circumstances. If anyone wants to read up 

https://www.fda.gov/safety/medwatch/howtoreport/downloadforms/default.htm

In AWOL' s fantasy dream world corn would join be recognized  as the 9th FLACPA food allergy requiring labeling . Still dreaming.....

I have a dream be being a trillionire, buying a large island nation, and making the entire island grain free. No gluten, no grains, just nuts, seeds, meats, eggs, paleo island. Use renewable energy sources like solar, wind, and tidal, have local fisheries. Multi leveled hydroponic systems in huge buildings for veggies. Build a good amount of it underground to save on energy and maintaining temperatures.   Could have a focused export of dedicated gluten free baked goods, veggies, and fish. Import the nuts, and various other things we would needs.......>.> I can dream of a land where the entire bloody island is my bubble and I do not have to worry about some SOB with a soda, beer, sandwich or burrito touching something before me leading to me getting sick.