Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
Scott Adams

News: Celiac.com: Top 10 Best Gluten Free Shampoo Brands

Rate this topic

The only treatment for Celiac Disease is strict avoidance of gluten which is why it's so important to have quality and trustworthy gluten free options.

View the full article

Good grief!  1) I have never seen these shampoos in any of the retail shops that  I frequent and 2)  would never pay $68 for a bottle of shampoo -- gluten free or not.  Who am I though to critique gluten-free shampoo when I purchase mine from Costco or Big box stores?  But the author of this article is obviously an expert.  Here is her complete bio posted  on the site.  Really.  

"Kay drinks copious amounts of tea and loves excessively bright nail polish." 

I wonder if her tea is gluten free because we know that some are flavored or made with with barley?  

• Upvote 1

Wow some of those sound so good I think I get why people are eating them. All joking aside, she left out that people can make their own or use basics like the African black soap and not shell out $68. She also could have mentioned that sometimes it's not that one can get in the mouth, but an immune system on high alert may not deal well with a lot of additives etc. I get the organic/minimal point.

They are quite pricy, she left off the 3 buck range though. Hey us newbies are still paying medical bills from decades of  undiagnosed/misdiagnosed celiac. If I'm paying $68 it for something like a massage. I'll have to hunt for that reasonably priced shampoo or pull out my at homesteading chemistry set.

I do actually make my own face soap. 

Thanks or posting.