Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
2 2
jmf33078

Cabela's restaurant

Rate this topic

My son was diagnosed with Celiacs just before Christmas. The closest Cabela's to us is an hour away. So we never go down there often.

but my son enjoys going down to see the fish, the shooting gallery, the fudge shop, the taxidermy animals. 

Does anyone know what is gluten free in the restaurant?

15 minutes ago, jmf33078 said:

My son was diagnosed with Celiacs just before Christmas. The closest Cabela's to us is an hour away. So we never go down there often.

but my son enjoys going down to see the fish, the shooting gallery, the fudge shop, the taxidermy animals. 

Does anyone know what is gluten free in the restaurant?

Your best bet would be to call the manager and talk to them.  I don't think the Cabela's by us has much of a restaurant.  Last I remember it was just a fast food place.

Maybe find someplace like a Red Robin near the Cabelas?  Or take a picnic and find a nice park nearby

Edited by kareng

1 hour ago, kareng said:

Your best bet would be to call the manager and talk to them.  I don't think the Cabela's by us has much of a restaurant.  Last I remember it was just a fast food place.

Maybe find someplace like a Red Robin near the Cabelas?  Or take a picnic and find a nice park nearby

I think the picnic idea would be wonderful, outdoorsy day. Pack up some deli meats or cooked meats, fruit, nuts/nut butter, or go trailsy and pack some bowls of homemade chili, or stew along with some gluten-free bread. I have found meal prep kits online recently on sale and take them when I head out for the day and pack themed meals for the trip, adds a nice depths to the adventure and I throw in something new for myself or a treat to make it special. >.> I am a tad overly protective of myself and health and only leave my town on a trip maybe once a month or so. Perhaps you can make a cake, fudge, or even some jerky to make it feel unique

1 hour ago, Ennis_TX said:

I think the picnic idea would be wonderful, outdoorsy day. Pack up some deli meats or cooked meats, fruit, nuts/nut butter, or go trailsy and pack some bowls of homemade chili, or stew along with some gluten-free bread. I have found meal prep kits online recently on sale and take them when I head out for the day and pack themed meals for the trip, adds a nice depths to the adventure and I throw in something new for myself or a treat to make it special. >.> I am a tad overly protective of myself and health and only leave my town on a trip maybe once a month or so. Perhaps you can make a cake, fudge, or even some jerky to make it feel unique

I want to picnic with you!  Themed meals!  I just pack some PB & Js and a bag of chips and a bag of carrots.  If they are lucky ...there are cookies or little bags of Skittles!  :lol:

My boys would have liked to find a new park with a cool play ground or public spray park.