Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):



Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):


0
Victoria1234

So happy- got the ft job!

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

After a ton of job interviews, I got a great job offer this morning! Will be working full time at a public elementary school! Perfect job, lovely principal, very supportive sounding. Job starts in late august so only a bit more of working pt. Not that I don't love what I'm doing now- I'm a support professional helping a woman with disabilities- but the pay is putrid. Not nearly enough to live on! Hooray!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter


Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):


Great news. Full time jobs can be hard to come by now-a-days. Good luck.


Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

 Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

On 7/13/2017 at 11:45 AM, Victoria1234 said:

After a ton of job interviews, I got a great job offer this morning! Will be working full time at a public elementary school! Perfect job, lovely principal, very supportive sounding. Job starts in late august so only a bit more of working pt. Not that I don't love what I'm doing now- I'm a support professional helping a woman with disabilities- but the pay is putrid. Not nearly enough to live on! Hooray!

Congrats!  So happy for you.  ?


Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

8 minutes ago, kareng said:

So, are you an artist?  

 

8 minutes ago, kareng said:

So, are you an artist?  

Yes! I was born to two artists who were both halves of the art dept at the university we lived next to. So I was brought up with art and teaching 24-7. When I was in school I was always doing the teachers' bulletin boards and drawing posters for them. It was natural to follow in my parents footsteps. Been making art my whole life, and teaching almost every year since grad school. Even married another artist. I've taught art in public school 22 years, college 4 years and private 1 year. Left teaching for 3 years when my mom died out of the blue and my elderly disabled father needed me to help him out until he died. It's been a struggle get back in, as last year was just the part time at the private (which pays very little.) I'm so happy to be back in the public schools. Thanks for asking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

1 hour ago, Victoria1234 said:

 

Yes! I was born to two artists who were both halves of the art dept at the university we lived next to. So I was brought up with art and teaching 24-7. When I was in school I was always doing the teachers' bulletin boards and drawing posters for them. It was natural to follow in my parents footsteps. Been making art my whole life, and teaching almost every year since grad school. Even married another artist. I've taught art in public school 22 years, college 4 years and private 1 year. Left teaching for 3 years when my mom died out of the blue and my elderly disabled father needed me to help him out until he died. It's been a struggle get back in, as last year was just the part time at the private (which pays very little.) I'm so happy to be back in the public schools. Thanks for asking!

That's great!  Do you mind my asking about your art?  I love art!  Are you a painter?  What do you like to make?

i am not an artist....I am an art dabbler.  I am starting a project to make a fish in the Calder style.  Sort of like my profile pic.  A bit frustrating but fun.  


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

4 minutes ago, kareng said:

That's great!  Do you mind my asking about your art?  I love art!  Are you a painter?  What do you like to make?

i am not an artist....I am an art dabbler.  I am starting a project to make a fish in the Calder style.  Sort of like my profile pic.  A bit frustrating but fun.  

I love Calder....I've made mobiles in his style and it's so much fun! What media are you going to use? Construction paper stabiles are fun to make with kids. I remember as a kid, one time in a museum I blew on a part of a stabile to make it move... the guard comes rushing up to tell me not to, of course. And I'm thinking " Didn't Calder make it so it would catch wind and move? Wouldn't he be happy to see the part that's meant to move, move? " Have you been to the east wing in D.C.?

So I love to draw and paint and make jewelry, but my specialty is ceramics. Ceramic sculpture and mosaics in particular. I've made over a dozen large scale mosaics for the schools I've taught at. The largest one was 16 feet wide and 8 feet tall! Actually whatever I'm working on at the time is my favorite thing to do :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

9 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

I love Calder....I've made mobiles in his style and it's so much fun! What media are you going to use? Construction paper stabiles are fun to make with kids. I remember as a kid, one time in a museum I blew on a part of a stabile to make it move... the guard comes rushing up to tell me not to, of course. And I'm thinking " Didn't Calder make it so it would catch wind and move? Wouldn't he be happy to see the part that's meant to move, move? " Have you been to the east wing in D.C.?

So I love to draw and paint and make jewelry, but my specialty is ceramics. Ceramic sculpture and mosaics in particular. I've made over a dozen large scale mosaics for the schools I've taught at. The largest one was 16 feet wide and 8 feet tall! Actually whatever I'm working on at the time is my favorite thing to do :) 

 

If you ever want to spend the summer at the lake, I have a great concrete wall to mosaic!

i am trying to make the fish with copper tubing for the outside, wire to make the guts.  I have lots of stained glass and costume jewelry and other " stuff".  This one is  my experiment one using some old copper tubing that was left with the house.  I may try to paint it like Calder.  Not sure for my first try.  Trying to get the twisted tubing straight and flat was a chore.  I think I need to solder it or weld it - both of which I didn't bring with me to the lake, of course!

i fell in love with the Calder fish at the Hirshhorn in DC about 30 years ago when we lived there.  


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

1 hour ago, kareng said:

If you ever want to spend the summer at the lake, I have a great concrete wall to mosaic!

i am trying to make the fish with copper tubing for the outside, wire to make the guts.  I have lots of stained glass and costume jewelry and other " stuff".  This one is  my experiment one using some old copper tubing that was left with the house.  I may try to paint it like Calder.  Not sure for my first try.  Trying to get the twisted tubing straight and flat was a chore.  I think I need to solder it or weld it - both of which I didn't bring with me to the lake, of course!

i fell in love with the Calder fish at the Hirshhorn in DC about 30 years ago when we lived there.  

Gee, you didn't bring your oxyacetylene torch with you?

sounds like a great project. I love the hirshorne. Last time I was there was prolly 14 years ago when I held my middle son as a baby in front of a jasper john and took his pic. His name is jasper :) Their sculpture garden is the best, Rodin being my favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

0


Join eNewsletter