Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×

Rate this topic

Hi all again i am fairly new here, i have hadmy date through next week for my biopsy, just wondering what happens after that is it further testing? Depending on results?^_^

Just keep eating gluten!   I took the time between blood tests and endoscopy to bid gluten goodbye.  I ate all my favorite things!  It made me sicker, but it also made it easier for me to give up gluten for life.  You will just have to address other issues if discovered by your doctor, when you cross that bridge.  

Thankyou cyclinglady you give very good advice. Just gets a little confusing when i see other forums and everybody is chatting about different bloods and  numbers in tests? and have you adked for this test and have you had the other test, it sounds very complicated.

You had a positive on the celiac blood test, right? So, based on the algorithm, you should proceed to biopsy.  

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/it-mmfiles/Celiac_Disease_Diagnostic_Testing_Algorithm.pdf

Now, keep in mind that the small intestine is vast (size of tennis court).  So, even if negative, your GI may recommend trialing the gluten-free diet.  (You could just be in the early stages of development).  The goal though is to get well.  Keep that in mind.  

It is hard to wait and be patient!  Hang in there!