Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×

Rate this topic

Hi- 

I was diagnosed 3.5 months ago and have been working really hard to be extra diligent about not letting any gluten sneak in. My blood work is improving (they have tested everything) and my antibody levels and vitamins are looking good on paper, but some things are still bothering me. 

My left leg from the knee down is having nerve issues. Sometimes it hurts. Yesterday, the bottom of my foot had a burning sensation. Either way it feels restless and achy. Doc said Celiac neuropathy usually presents on both sides which made me nervous. I'm also experiencing unexplained pressure in my face/head, kind of sinus-y. Just a bunch of random weird things. All that to say, I'm worn out from trying to figure out : If this is just the slow healing process and I need to be patient? 

If there are trace amounts of gluten that are getting in somewhere?

Or if I should be concerned about something else? (Though worrying isn't going to help me at all)

19 minutes ago, Jdc27 said:

Hi- 

I was diagnosed 3.5 months ago and have been working really hard to be extra diligent about not letting any gluten sneak in. My blood work is improving (they have tested everything) and my antibody levels and vitamins are looking good on paper, but some things are still bothering me. 

My left leg from the knee down is having nerve issues. Sometimes it hurts. Yesterday, the bottom of my foot had a burning sensation. Either way it feels restless and achy. Doc said Celiac neuropathy usually presents on both sides which made me nervous. I'm also experiencing unexplained pressure in my face/head, kind of sinus-y. Just a bunch of random weird things. All that to say, I'm worn out from trying to figure out : If this is just the slow healing process and I need to be patient? 

If there are trace amounts of gluten that are getting in somewhere?

Or if I should be concerned about something else? (Though worrying isn't going to help me at all)

They could be because of other problems.  Maybe see an orthopedic doctor about the leg?

my hub and I , as well as half of the KC area, are experiencing pressure behind the " face" from allergens in the air right now.  The mold is especially bad here , but grass pollen was high last week. 

Doesn't necessarily sound gluten related to me at this point. Allergies are still rotten this time of the year! You can suddenly be allergic to pollen or mold at any time your life if you weren't before. And I'd see your gp to get a referral for your knee sooner than later so it doesn't get worse.