Jump to content
Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
  • Sign Up
2 2
lilo

Toothbrush made from wheat straw

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Just learned that some of the toothbrushes are made from wheat straw... They usually have a different color but i cant be sure :( Are the ones sold by brands like colgate only made from plastic derivatives? I know it may sound stupid but i get paranoid...  (And the toothbrush brand  i've been using since i started gluten-free diet is not sold everywhere )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the name brad ones do to my knowledge, sounds like a daft idea in the first place. I mean wheat straw? That is going to get moldy and rot from getting wet, just a bad idea. Now there is a type of resin made from a processed form of wheat, but they normally do so in a way you would not have to worry about the proteins. NOW there is a additive in MOST toothpaste that many of us react to, it is a non gluten ingredient but can act as a irrient and even cause neurological symptoms in some think it was called sodium lauryl sulfate.

PS Colgate is pretty much gluten-free with everything they produce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lilo said:

Just learned that some of the toothbrushes are made from wheat straw... They usually have a different color but i cant be sure :( Are the ones sold by brands like colgate only made from plastic derivatives? I know it may sound stupid but i get paranoid...  (And the toothbrush brand  i've been using since i started gluten-free diet is not sold everywhere )

That's a new one! :lol:  I haven't heard of that.  If that was a big concern, I think we would have some warnings from the Celiac Societies.

As you go a along, you will find that there are people on the internet that like to cause trouble, are gullible and believe everything they read (no matter the source) or make stuff up to sell something.  Try to look for reliable sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

Here it is..... certainly not your drug store toothbrush.

https://www.amazon.com/PURITY-BRUSH-Toothbrush-Charcoal-Sparkling/dp/B06XJ7PN96?th=1

Jesus that is scary, bloody freaks out there making every day products out of stuff I have health issues with cause it is "Biodegradable".......reminds me of the time the local health food store thought corn starch plastic bio degradable bags were a good idea......not so much after my breakout, skin turned red looked like really bad poison ivy.etc,.....long story short the pulled them and  went back to plastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Victoria1234 said:

Here it is..... certainly not your drug store toothbrush.

https://www.amazon.com/PURITY-BRUSH-Toothbrush-Charcoal-Sparkling/dp/B06XJ7PN96?th=1

Sounds like they are made of stalks and starch - so likely gluten-free if you ate some.  But this is not the toothbrushes sold Walmart! $11 for something you are supposed to throw away every month or two!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy! But just to make you feel better, the bristles are made from Bamboo Charcoal. So you more than likely couldn't get glutened using it......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 thanks everyone . By the way does anyone use humble brush ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Jesus that is scary, bloody freaks out there making every day products out of stuff I have health issues with cause it is "Biodegradable".......reminds me of the time the local health food store thought corn starch plastic bio degradable bags were a good idea......not so much after my breakout, skin turned red looked like really bad poison ivy.etc,.....long story short the pulled them and  went back to plastic.

 

1
1

https://www.amazon.com/Superelead-Multicolor-Biodegradable-Unbreakable-Tumblers/dp/B01HYTW6E2/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1501647898&sr=1-2&keywords=wheat+straw

https://www.amazon.com/UPSTYLE-3-Piece-Chopsticks-Students-Tableware/dp/B01LZ08UBR/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1501647898&sr=1-5&keywords=wheat+straw

Then there are chopsticks and tumblers and plates.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2

×