Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, squirmingitch said:

You're so welcome Jewels! It's literally taken me years to rat it all out. I can't tell you how many calls & emails I made besides spending reams of hours on the computer doing the pre leg work before calls or emails. Thing is, when all is said & done, I can't definitively say whether it's oat cc or minutia of gluten OR BOTH that get me because I can't find pure flours free from any trace possibility of oats in order to test the theory. I too am leery of the mechanical sorting of oats but that's a moot point for me anyway. 

My husband uses a gluten-free pancake mix & I measure the liquid ingredients, mix them, & he takes the dry mix out onto the back porch & measures & mixes it into the wet ingredients. Once it's all wet then I can deal with it from there & pour the mix into the skillet & make his pancakes. You could do the same kind of process with the bread your hubs makes.

Here is a god send, change over to nut based flours, and buy from companies that only deal in nuts/seeds.....it is a blessing. So loving making my own waffles, pancakes, flat breads using only nut based flours....just recently perfected a Frankenstein loaf....like a combination for 3 recipes to make a nut based yeast free gum free starch free bread that can be used like bread.

2 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Here is a god send, change over to nut based flours, and buy from companies that only deal in nuts/seeds.....it is a blessing. So loving making my own waffles, pancakes, flat breads using only nut based flours....just recently perfected a Frankenstein loaf....like a combination for 3 recipes to make a nut based yeast free gum free starch free bread that can be used like bread.

That's right Ennis. I've developed an intolerance to peanuts though so now I have to find nut flours with no exposure to peanuts. It's getting trickier. I have managed to find an almond flour free of peanut exposure as well as a coconut flour. 

5 hours ago, squirmingitch said:

That's right Ennis. I've developed an intolerance to peanuts though so now I have to find nut flours with no exposure to peanuts. It's getting trickier. I have managed to find an almond flour free of peanut exposure as well as a coconut flour. 

I have posted recipes using coconut and almond flours for flat breads, cinnamon cakes, Vegan cheesy garlic knots, Vegan Cheddar biscuits, and I am working on a loaf bread right now....it is iffy with egg whites but is working great with egg yolks, using a mix of vegan and plain bread binding agents to avoid gums and starches. Very intriguing but the sugar count in it is too high for me -_- but my dad loves it and do to my cousins daughters. It is a honey and coconut based flavor.  Yeah got a very bad issues with peanuts like 4-5 years ago...like even the tiniest amounts or cc'eed products and I am praying to the porcelain god for hours. (side note I found a peanut free peanut butter artificial extract....so much fun)