This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Board updated - Report any issues here.

Scott Adams

Scott Adams Grand Master

We recently updated the board to a newer version, please report any technical issues here.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tessa25 Rising Star

I do not see a "New Topic" button anymore.

I no longer see who writes a post. No pic, no name, nothing. I just see the posts.

Microsoft Surface Pro 3, tablet pc in vertical orientation. Firefox browser. I do see ads.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Try clearing your cookies/cache in your browser, then logging back into the board and see if the problem persists. If it does, it would be good to get a screen shot. 

Also, be sure you are not blocking cookies in your browser or fire wall, and those settings are at default.

tessa25 Rising Star

Erased cookies and loggedin. Same issues.

pica.png

picb.png

Scott Adams Grand Master

Do you have the chrome browser? If so could you tell me if the same thing is happening in Chrome?

tessa25 Rising Star

Sorry, I don't have chrome. I have the same issue with Internet Explorer.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Could you please check the site again and let me know if this is still happening? Please refresh your browser which is f5 or the reload icon at the top of the browser address bar....thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Victoria1234 Experienced

I seem to be getting kicked out of being signed in faster. Have to sign in every 2-3 hours or so? This is on my iPad. Seems to have started when the avatars became letters as well as the pix.

Perhaps this is normal and has only just now caught up with me!

tessa25 Rising Star
21 hours ago, admin said:

Could you please check the site again and let me know if this is still happening? Please refresh your browser which is f5 or the reload icon at the top of the browser address bar....thank you!

It looks the same.

cyclinglady Grand Master
5 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

I seem to be getting kicked out of being signed in faster. Have to sign in every 2-3 hours or so? This is on my iPad. Seems to have started when the avatars became letters as well as the pix.

Perhaps this is normal and has only just now caught up with me!

Me too!  I have been having issues with my internet provide (failure to connect at times), but I have the very latest in fiber optics.  My modem seems to be okay.  My iPad is new and up to date.  I belong to a diabetic forum and I never get dropped and have to sign in again.  

Scott Adams Grand Master

We've made more changes...please check the issues again and let me know.

Also, on the forum category pages, for example this one:

https://www.celiac.com/forums/forum/13-celiac-disease-pre-diagnosis-testing-amp-symptoms/

the create a topic button would be at the bottom on a mobile device...probably also on a tablet...are you scrolled down to the bottom? 

Victoria1234 Experienced

Timed it, this time it took about 2 hours to be dropped.

Victoria1234 Experienced
38 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

Timed it, this time it took about 2 hours to be dropped.

Oops, took 30 minutes this time.

tessa25 Rising Star
2 hours ago, admin said:

We've made more changes...please check the issues again and let me know.

Also, on the forum category pages, for example this one:

https://www.celiac.com/forums/forum/13-celiac-disease-pre-diagnosis-testing-amp-symptoms/

the create a topic button would be at the bottom on a mobile device...probably also on a tablet...are you scrolled down to the bottom? 

While I do see the button on my cellphone I still do not see the button on my tablet pc (it's a laptop in vertical ). I also do not see the posters names/pics. Screen resolution is 1440 x 2160 if that helps.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Yes, that helps greatly...it is a screen resolutions issue. We should have a fix shortly...thank you!

Scott Adams Grand Master

Please re-test the board...I believe that the issues should be fixed. Please let me know...and thank you!!! ;)

tessa25 Rising Star
37 minutes ago, admin said:

Please re-test the board...I believe that the issues should be fixed. Please let me know...and thank you!!! ;)

Looks the same. I appreciate the effort.

cyclinglady Grand Master
On 8/18/2017 at 7:06 AM, cyclinglady said:

Me too!  I have been having issues with my internet provide (failure to connect at times), but I have the very latest in fiber optics.  My modem seems to be okay.  My iPad is new and up to date.  I belong to a diabetic forum and I never get dropped and have to sign in again.  

My issue has been resolved.  I stayed longed in all day.    Thanks!  

Scott Adams Grand Master

Hello tessa25, would you mind re-checking. My tech support thinks they finally figured it out...sorry for all the trouble, and thank you for helping!

tessa25 Rising Star
7 hours ago, admin said:

Hello tessa25, would you mind re-checking. My tech support thinks they finally figured it out...sorry for all the trouble, and thank you for helping!

Looks the same unless I make the browser window thinner by about 20%. If I make it 20% thinner the poster identities and new topic button show up.

• 3 weeks later...
Scott Adams Grand Master

Hello Tessa25, it took us a while, but I believe that this issue should now be resolved. Could you please test is out and let me know? Sorry this took so long...I hope it is fixed now!

tessa25 Rising Star
On 9/10/2017 at 1:15 PM, admin said:

Hello Tessa25, it took us a while, but I believe that this issue should now be resolved. Could you please test is out and let me know? Sorry this took so long...I hope it is fixed now!

Hi, the new topic button appears now. But I still only see a posters identity when I make my browsers window thinner. Thanks for the effort!

Scott Adams Grand Master

Well, 50% fixed isn't bad...we'll work on the last issue and let you know...sorry!

Scott Adams Grand Master

We finally fixed this last issue today...please test.

tessa25 Rising Star
3 hours ago, admin said:

We finally fixed this last issue today...please test.

Yay!! It's perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Archived