Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
2 2
aliciahere

Shipping food when traveling (USA)

Rate this topic

Hello! I will be traveling to New Orleans in September for a conference and have begun the final details of how I will survive. The hotel catering the even appears to be good and I have spoken to the catering manager, so I should be ok there. However, I have a couple of times where I will need to bring a meal with me, offsite but I don't think I will be able to get to a supermarket. I'm planning to have some food shipped to the hotel like a couple of MREs and snack kits. Does anybody have any advice or favourite products?

58 minutes ago, aliciahere said:

Hello! I will be traveling to New Orleans in September for a conference and have begun the final details of how I will survive. The hotel catering the even appears to be good and I have spoken to the catering manager, so I should be ok there. However, I have a couple of times where I will need to bring a meal with me, offsite but I don't think I will be able to get to a supermarket. I'm planning to have some food shipped to the hotel like a couple of MREs and snack kits. Does anybody have any advice or favourite products?

Miracle Noodles makes MRE Noodle dishes you just heat and heat, Julian Bakery Makes grain free low carb protein bars, taste like crap but get you by, MRM Veggie Meal Replacement shake, just mix it in a shaker bottle, low carb so little bloat, odd texture but gets you by. GERBS Allergen Friendly foods for seeds/fruit to snack on. Bags of nuts, almond butter, I can think of all kinds of chips. HERE check out the list of gluten-free foods II compiled here. https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/117090-gluten-free-food-alternatives-list/