Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
lilo

Stickers on packaged Gluten-free foods

Rate this topic

Some adhesives contain wheat as i know. I don't lick envelopes or worry about using glue as i don't put it in my mouth . But i was just wondering.. For example , i bought gluten free candies which are sold in a jar .The lid has a sticker on one side and when i try to get the candy it probably touches the sticker . Do i really need to worry? Other than that , when i open a pasta package , the sticker can contact with pasta.  The list goes on like that...

3 hours ago, lilo said:

Some adhesives contain wheat as i know. I don't lick envelopes or worry about using glue as i don't put it in my mouth . But i was just wondering.. For example , i bought gluten free candies which are sold in a jar .The lid has a sticker on one side and when i try to get the candy it probably touches the sticker . Do i really need to worry? Other than that , when i open a pasta package , the sticker can contact with pasta.  The list goes on like that...

It is extremely unlikely that glue is actually made with wheat these days, so I wouldn't worry about it.