Jump to content
Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
  • Sign Up
2 2
Ennis_TX

Evolving Symtoms

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I was working at a anime convention this weekend setting up and running A/V for panel rooms, I know I was handling a bunch of stuff, and around gluten eaters EVERYWHERE, people were walking around eating stuff, and I had to work with equipment others were using while snacking on gluten foods.....and one meal I went and fixed in my room I rushed and did not wash my hands....I got glutened from touch CC, but I was not vomiting like I normally would, either not enough there or perhaps it changed again. I instead about a hour later started zoning out and having brain fog, loopy thoughts repeating, anxiety, heighten pulse up to 183bpm then a hour later EXTREME gut pain to the point of tears. pulse drop to the 30s and I had to sleep it off, and since then I have had extreme constipation, NO feeling in my hands (I pulled a pan from the oven this morning...no cup towel), and I noticed I have red splotches on my face? NEVER seen this, I also have little pimples on my back and chest....NOT seen these since I was a kid.....oddest thing was NO swollen lymp, NO D, and NO vomiting.....the ever evolving celiac response I guess.......I almost questioned if it was gluten, but the numbness, and C is a SURE sign for me of CC in the smallest of amounts....the extreme of it right now tells me I was glutened by a decent amount.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ennis_TX said:

I was working at a anime convention this weekend setting up and running A/V for panel rooms, I know I was handling a bunch of stuff, and around gluten eaters EVERYWHERE, people were walking around eating stuff, and I had to work with equipment others were using while snacking on gluten foods.....and one meal I went and fixed in my room I rushed and did not wash my hands....I got glutened from touch CC, but I was not vomiting like I normally would, either not enough there or perhaps it changed again. I instead about a hour later started zoning out and having brain fog, loopy thoughts repeating, anxiety, heighten pulse up to 183bpm then a hour later EXTREME gut pain to the point of tears. pulse drop to the 30s and I had to sleep it off, and since then I have had extreme constipation, NO feeling in my hands (I pulled a pan from the oven this morning...no cup towel), and I noticed I have red splotches on my face? NEVER seen this, I also have little pimples on my back and chest....NOT seen these since I was a kid.....oddest thing was NO swollen lymp, NO D, and NO vomiting.....the ever evolving celiac response I guess.......I almost questioned if it was gluten, but the numbness, and C is a SURE sign for me of CC in the smallest of amounts....the extreme of it right now tells me I was glutened by a decent amount.

 

Ouch. Sorry to hear this, you've been so careful. I wonder if it's related to a particular kind of gluten? I find I react differently to barley malt than wheat gluten, perhaps you've been CC'ed by a relatively unusual form?

I do find my reactions changing over time. I recently got a rash along my bicep and now have a swollen lymph which I think is down to CC.  I'd not had a rash there before, so maybe my responses are changing too.

Hope you're feeling better soon and that you managed to enjoy at least some of the convention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jmg said:

Ouch. Sorry to hear this, you've been so careful. I wonder if it's related to a particular kind of gluten? I find I react differently to barley malt than wheat gluten, perhaps you've been CC'ed by a relatively unusual form?

I do find my reactions changing over time. I recently got a rash along my bicep and now have a swollen lymph which I think is down to CC.  I'd not had a rash there before, so maybe my responses are changing too.

Hope you're feeling better soon and that you managed to enjoy at least some of the convention. 

The con was bad for me this year, over worked, poisoned, forgot medications, bed ridden, had a room mate cancel and I was stuck with a huge bill....yeah no fun at all I even left early.

OH and hoping I get better....thanks but I JUST glutened myself like a idiot I know it, just waiting for it to hit. I made some salsa with chorizo seasoning for a chorizo flavored salsa and took a sample to my dad.....after he tried it used the EXACT same sample spoon to double check it myself, then it hit me, and I asked when and what he last ate, was toast less then 4 hours ago....so yeah pretty sure I just screwed myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ennis_TX said:

The con was bad for me this year, over worked, poisoned, forgot medications, bed ridden, had a room mate cancel and I was stuck with a huge bill....yeah no fun at all I even left early.

That sucks :( I know you'd been looking forward to it. 

1 hour ago, Ennis_TX said:

so yeah pretty sure I just screwed myself.

Well until you know you have try and forget about it and maybe you got lucky. You're due some good luck I think!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

The con was bad for me this year, over worked, poisoned, forgot medications, bed ridden, had a room mate cancel and I was stuck with a huge bill....yeah no fun at all I even left early.

OH and hoping I get better....thanks but I JUST glutened myself like a idiot I know it, just waiting for it to hit. I made some salsa with chorizo seasoning for a chorizo flavored salsa and took a sample to my dad.....after he tried it used the EXACT same sample spoon to double check it myself, then it hit me, and I asked when and what he last ate, was toast less then 4 hours ago....so yeah pretty sure I just screwed myself.

That's terrible. I've been wondering why you haven't been around last few days. I Should have remembered your con. I'm so sorry it wasn't what you were hoping for. We all tend to make mistakes when we're excited about stuff, makes our brains go a bit wonky.

hope your dads mouth wasn't dirty anymore. Good luck to you. You are missed here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2

  • Top Posters +

  • Upcoming Events

    • February 27, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM
      0  
       
       
       
      Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group
       
       
       
      Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.
       
      The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.
       
      The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.
       
      The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • March 24, 2019 Until March 27, 2019
      0  
      NEW ORLEANS GOURMET GLUTEN-FREE mini GETAWAY    March 24 ~ 27, 2019   We have arranged a fun and Gluten-free food filled mini in the city known for it's food and fun.  We have arranged to eat many of the famous dishes that aren't usually Gluten-free at a few of the World Renown restaurants.   Staying at the Royal Sonesta Hotel on Bourbon Street in the center of the French Quarter, you'll be able to enjoy the ambiance of the city at all hours.   Our itinerary will include a Luxury Coach tour of the city and surrounding area - Admission to The National World War II Museum, including the Tom Hanks" 4D film "Beyond All Boundaries" - an exciting Airboat ride and tour through the Bayou.      This it the 3rd time we have visited New Orleans and it has always been well attended, so join us even if you've been there before.  Check out our website for the complete itinerary and cost.    Due to contractual obligations we must have 20 participants by October 31, 2018 to make this a go.      If you have any questions just give us a call at 410-939-3218.  Bob & Ruth info@bobandruths.com (410) 939-3218
    • March 30, 2019 Until March 31, 2019
      0  
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 
       
×