Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
Jlewisrn

Another appt

Rate this topic

I called another allergist today after being up all night itching. He is running a lot of blood work. One being a celiac panel. I didn't know he was going to run that heck I didn't know I was going to make the appt. I've been using steroid cream on my vaginal area for 2 days. Hopefully it's a small enough amount to not mess Up any results. After this test I'm done. Done with doctors and testing and I'll figure it out on my own. He didn't know what it was but at least was willing to figure it out. That's more then I can say for the other doctors. He gave me some cream, Elidel, and want me to take allergy medicine. And eat a diet that is anti inflammatory. If it works...GREAT! if not I guess I'll cut out out gluten and see if that works

12 hours ago, Jlewisrn said:

I called another allergist today after being up all night itching. He is running a lot of blood work. One being a celiac panel. I didn't know he was going to run that heck I didn't know I was going to make the appt. I've been using steroid cream on my vaginal area for 2 days. Hopefully it's a small enough amount to not mess Up any results. After this test I'm done. Done with doctors and testing and I'll figure it out on my own. He didn't know what it was but at least was willing to figure it out. That's more then I can say for the other doctors. He gave me some cream, Elidel, and want me to take allergy medicine. And eat a diet that is anti inflammatory. If it works...GREAT! if not I guess I'll cut out out gluten and see if that works

I remember Elidel! Brings back memories..... of it not working for my dh.

My derm diagnosed it, yet  didn't give me the right med nor told me it meant I had celiac. 

Make sure they biopsy next to a lesion, not on top of one.

good luck!!