Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
Scott Adams

News: Celiac.com: Pizza and more: Scarpa's offers tasty Italian fare in ample portions

Rate this topic

Gluten-free options are available as well, for those with either real or pretend celiac disease. Also a great quality: the portability of the food at Scarpa's.

View the full article

....so sounded great, I read all the stuff thinking the entire time it was a 100% gluten-free restaurant and then they state they make gluten-free options available and none of the intial article food is gluten-free. Nice now I reel in horror as they mention the waiters buttering fresh bread where you can see it before bringing you your food and all the noodles....then you read closer and catch the phrase "real or pretend celiac disease"   This article is a joke and a mockery of those who suffer from celiac or NCGS.

Going to be BLUNT admin, who paid for this? Did you or someone else you know eat there with a good experience and know they have a dedicated gluten-free kitchen and no CC issues? Cause at this point this is just a pie in the face article that blatantly got me thinking it was a great place and reminded me of my child hood then slammed it all on the pavement smeared it.

I looked it up they have gluten-free options for pasta with gluten-free penne and a gluten-free pizza crust, they have mixed reviews, and apparently no 100% dedicated gluten-free cooking area. So like eating at a olive garden, pizza hut, or dominoes with a bit more flare, your still most likely going to get sick from CC in a gluten laden kitchen. Actually a bit worse, they make everything FRESH....oh great have you seend or worked in a Italian restaurant? IF they are making pizza dough crust, garlic breads, bread sticks, french breads, etc in a traditional manner there will be flour dusting......I know all of this well from having worked in a Italian restaurant years ago for a bit. AND I will not even enter one now days.

I agree with Ennis! Wth? This is simply a review for a regular restaurant with a few gluten-free options they don't even talk about. Why is this even on celiac.com?