Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
Whitepaw

Cooking rice the low arsenic way

Rate this topic

Someone posted instructions in the corn thread on how to cook rice to reduce arsenic.  I've tried with a rice cooker twice, but it overflows.  Just tried with an instant pot.  It didn't overflow, but I overcooked it, as I had no clue on cooking time. The instructions in the manual apply to ratios that will allow all the water to be absorbed. 

Has anyone been successful making rice this way in an instant pot?  I have an electric stove, which I don't care for, so that's why I'm trying small appliances. 

5 minutes ago, Whitepaw said:

Someone posted instructions in the corn thread on how to cook rice to reduce arsenic.  I've tried with a rice cooker twice, but it overflows.  Just tried with an instant pot.  It didn't overflow, but I overcooked it, as I had no clue on cooking time. The instructions in the manual apply to ratios that will allow all the water to be absorbed. 

Has anyone been successful making rice this way in an instant pot?  I have an electric stove, which I don't care for, so that's why I'm trying small appliances. 

What's an instant pot?

It's a  popular new small appliance here in the U.S.  it's an electric pressure cooker that can also cook foods without pressure.

http://instantpot.com