Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
1 1
Jherm21

Pasta & sauce

Rate this topic

What are everyone's go to pasta noodles and sauces that are gluten free obviously. 

I like Thai Kitchen Rice Noodles. I find them in the Asian foods section. Less expensive than many gluten-free pastas and they make an Angel Hair that is my favorite. For stuff like elbows I often will get Tinkyada but it turns to mush when there are leftovers. For sauce I live in an area with a Wegmans so I buy their store brand. A very celiac friendly company if there is one near you.

• Upvote 1

Miracle Noodles for all pasta types and rice. Grain free, low carb, and gluten free.

• Upvote 1

Thai kitchen rice noodles- usually cheaper than typical gluten-free brands, and so easy to cook.

My favorite pastas are generally corn or corn/quinoa based.  Le Veneziane is one, there's another, Bionature (?) in orange and yellow packaging, there's actually a fresh gluten-free pasta, RP's fresh pasta, that's very good.  I also like Thai Rice Noodles and there's a Rice Ramen at Costco that makes really good sesame noodles.

I generally don't use sauce (prefer olive oil, parmesan, garlic and spices), so no suggestions there, but I recently bought a jar of Vodka sauce from Trader Joe's that looks like it should be safe - though it doesn't say gluten-free on the label.  Will try it soon.