Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×

Rate this topic

Was wondering if anyone knew if there were any gluten free rums? Specifically Maker's Mark? I do drink Seagram's 7 and am aware that is ok. I'm looking for more choices. 

Rum is made from molasses so naturally gluten free, PLUS it is a distilled liquor so double gluten free. Be careful of flavored ones, Captain Morgan and Bacardi are both ones that have responded to E-Mails and confirmed gluten free. I personally use Admiral Nelsons in my cooking, the coconut rum, works great for sautes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Rum is made from molasses so naturally gluten free, PLUS it is a distilled liquor so double gluten free. Be careful of flavored ones, Captain Morgan and Bacardi are both ones that have responded to E-Mails and confirmed gluten free. I personally use Admiral Nelsons in my cooking, the coconut rum, works great for sautes.

Thanks for the info on Capt Morgans. I usually go just for Bacardi cause I didn't want to take a chance.

If your looking for some more high end, Appleton estate rum is gluten-free.   I might be buying one soon.   Don't know what to do with my bourbon/rye collection....crying....tears.