Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
Wiglove1945

Gluten Free Shopping

Rate this topic

Not really, I have specfic and trusted brands I stick to. Any other brand I just consider off limits or untrusted. THEY have to prove they are trust worthy, they have to be tasty, priced right, and free of my allergens, They must be gluten free certified and in a facility that is free of gluten items.  I sometimes try a new brand, but always test it in a gluten testing kit first, and cook with like I am handling nitro, or anthrax until it is proven it will not make me sick. Call it paranoid but at a point you get down to only trusting some brands. Then you get comfortable and stick to those that you feel good eating.

WHAT does make me sick is the damned fad industry now. Putting gluten free on everything, then saying on the back after ingredients "Might contain traces of wheat" like honestly wtf?  The processed market is a nightmare, and more times then not I end up sticking to single ingredient foods that are safe, whole veggies, egg whites, nuts, seeds, etc. I sometimes get trusted sauces, spices, and always get almond, coconut, cashew, etc milks. I also always get protein powders. I find some brands I trust for quick snacks like protes protein chips, rythem foods kale snacks, dang coconut chips etc.  But yeah at first it was hard have to read all ingredients.

OH another thing I do find funny, now when I walk down the isles I look at everything like,,,,why is that in that food (like really we they put wheat in some of the most retarded things same with corn) , is that even edible? OH I recall that wonder how I can remake it? Or you start reading labels and see  stuff you can not pronounce....yeah NOPE.   I do have a few foods that are on a bucket list if I am terminal in a hospital bed...lol.

NOW actually making me sick...yeah the bakery in some stores walking by it can trigger anxiety and sometimes a flare up from inhaled flour. AND one store has the bakery bread prep station, out where people can see it, where they toss the bread in flour etc.....it is right next to the open cased fresh veggies.......yeah it took me while to figure out why I was getting reactions from those....this is the HEB in Waxahachie Texas,