Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
Cj13411

Are any of these alcohols gluten free?

Rate this topic

Jameson Irish whiskey, knob Creek single barrel, southern comfort original, bird dog apple flavored whiskey, captain morgan private stock, crown royal, and Maker's Mark whiskey?

Edited by Cj13411
Misspelling

Technically all distilled hard liquors should be gluten free, note should be Flavored ones, issues with back contamination, etc. lead many of us to play it safe and stay away from gluten grain based liquors and flavored ones, Some of us will tell you they never had issues with them others like me are to paranoid to even try a drink made from gluten grains. it is really Russian roulette, with these and you welcome to play with your life. NOW of those you mentioned I can tell you the Captain Morgan is safe. Rums are made from sugar cane molasses, of those I Captain Morgan and bacardi have responded to emails that the plain rums they have are gluten free, I myself use admiral nelson often no issues in cooking.  Taquilla is made from agave and considered normally gluten free. Some vodkas are made from corn, grapes, potatoes still, check the source from the maker, these are normally gluten free. Hard ciders like Austins are also gluten free.