Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
cristiana

Henderson's Relish - don't leave Yorkshire without it!

Rate this topic

Just in case anyone is visiting Yorkshire in England, don't leave without buying a bottle of Henderson's Relish, which is Gluten Free!

I am sure it can be bought elsewhere in the UK, but I have never seen it where I live, so I bought a couple of bottles when I was last in Yorkshire.  It is quite delicious and a good Lea and Perrins substitute, plus it is suitable for vegetarians.  Delicious!

It's a Yorkshire staple!

I used to pass their then 'factory' just about every day when I lived in Sheffield, though apparently they've moved now and the Uni are going to turn their old place into a pub.

HendersonsBuilding.gif

The relish is lovely and marked gluten free and suitable for coeliacs on the bottle for added reassurance. It's nice to add a bit of zip to sauces etc. 

I think Morrisons stock it countrywide Cristiana but if you do struggle getting hold of some PM me and I'll post you a bottle. :)

1 hour ago, Jmg said:

It's a Yorkshire staple!

I used to pass their then 'factory' just about every day when I lived in Sheffield, though apparently they've moved now and the Uni are going to turn their old place into a pub.

HendersonsBuilding.gif

The relish is lovely and marked gluten free and suitable for coeliacs on the bottle for added reassurance. It's nice to add a bit of zip to sauces etc. 

I think Morrisons stock it countrywide Cristiana but if you do struggle getting hold of some PM me and I'll post you a bottle. :)

Eeh bah gum, ta JMG! 

I find it fascinating that it has almost the same (or is it the same) colour label as Lea and Perrins?  I wonder which came first?

Hopefully they have moved from the building in the photo as they are selling so many bottles that they need bigger premises.    Funny though - I thought you'd sent me a picture of a pub when I first saw it.  Bet it was a pub before they took it over!