Jump to content
Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
  • Sign Up
2 2
Awol cast iron stomach

Artists gluten-free paint for window holiday art suggestion?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi talented celiacs,

Do you have a tempura, acrylic, window paint suggestions to decorate glass that is gluten-free? My pre teen daughter is drawing beautiful Halloween theme pics on loose leaf in the home. I would love to feature her art on the glass  Windows of the home this season-mural like. Do you have a suggestion of paint I buy from Joannes, michaels,target, or walmart that is gluten-free? My son and I don't need any triggering as we are still healing and sensitive.

Is it acrylic? Tempura ?  How does it clean up? She paints inside ?

I have no experience in art and want to buy something to surprise her with the request/offer?

Thanks for your knowledge and assistance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is special transparent paint that you can get for glass. You should be able to find it in a good craft or hobby store.  If you use that the window can be enjoyed from both sides. You could also use acrylic paint. That would not be transparent.  I avoid Tempra and poster type paints.

You could also use clear plastic and markers. If you did that they could be used every year and added to as time goes by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At school I've always used liquitex acrylic. Cleans up with water if you clean it immediately. And yes, paint inside.

make sure to share pictures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ravenwoodglass said:

There is special transparent paint that you can get for glass. You should be able to find it in a good craft or hobby store.  If you use that the window can be enjoyed from both sides. You could also use acrylic paint. That would not be transparent.  I avoid Tempra and poster type paints.

You could also use clear plastic and markers. If you did that they could be used every year and added to as time goes by.

That sounds like what I had in mind the transparent paint. I've never bought it , but I wanted to make sure you others use it since I'm clueless. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Victoria1234 said:

At school I've always used liquitex acrylic. Cleans up with water if you clean it immediately. And yes, paint inside.

make sure to share pictures!

Oh great is this available retail ? Or just educational supply stores? Thanks. I knew you members had my answer. 

I hope to have some pictures for Halloween .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Awol cast iron stomach said:

Oh great is this available retail ? Or just educational supply stores? Thanks. I knew you members had my answer. 

I hope to have some pictures for Halloween .

Liquitex acrylic is basically the best, widest used and sold acrylic so you should be able to find it ok.  I've also used the acrylic available in little squeeze bottles from Michaels... Plaid brand I think? Ive never used a transparent paint except one I got for a stained glass like project about 10 years ago, but I didn't care for it compared to a decent acrylic. They probably make better stuff these days though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Awol cast iron stomach said:

Hi talented celiacs,

Do you have a tempura, acrylic, window paint suggestions to decorate glass that is gluten-free? My pre teen daughter is drawing beautiful Halloween theme pics on loose leaf in the home. I would love to feature her art on the glass  Windows of the home this season-mural like. Do you have a suggestion of paint I buy from Joannes, michaels,target, or walmart that is gluten-free? My son and I don't need any triggering as we are still healing and sensitive.

Is it acrylic? Tempura ?  How does it clean up? She paints inside ?

I have no experience in art and want to buy something to surprise her with the request/offer?

Thanks for your knowledge and assistance.

When does it matter if its gluten-free? ( likely is)  but she isn't eating it. She isn't 2 and put her fingers and paint brush in her mouth.  Are you or your son going to lick the glass?  Of course not. 

 

Any paint can be be scraped off glass with a razor blade.  Some people use dry erase markers

Edited by kareng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2

×