Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×

Rate this topic

Is Aldis gluten-free line safe? I know their items are marked gluten free such as the Gluten-Free brand. I tried calling but there was no phone line. Its so cheap so just wondering if anyone ever has problems with aldis brands. Also what are things you get at aldis

ooh, let me tell ya!!! I like Aldis a lot (who can pass up inexpensive?) so shopped there BEFORE I had to go gluten-free and now AFTER I do some of the gluten-free brand w/NO PROBLEM.   BE CAREFUL - I learned the hard way they put wheat in some of the herb/spice stuff :-( 

Edited by ShesAGFGM
new @ this...just want 2b notified of replies

I think the stuff mark d FB is really really gluten-free.   Know lots of people that buy it with no issues

And I have had the gluten-free plain wraps (liked better than another place's) and the gluten-free white bread (liked that a lot. Had to get use to trying different brands before I realized it's like testing water/milk/ice cream :-)  They don't all taste the same. I was used to eating wheat bread for a LONG TIME (not trying to reveal my age) and had to do the IT'S NOT REGULAR PEOPLE WHITE BREAD talk to myself to even try it. It was good. And, of course the spaghetti is okay but I'm a fan of the cost of it @ Trader Joe's, instead (cost less) and and the Rice Squares & Corn Squares are okay and I LIKED the Cheese Pizza, too :-) 

I know you can find the number for Aldi's online. I have called them with questions about a product not specifically labeled gluten free. Based on a number found on the packaging info, they were able to put me into touch with the exact company that produced that product for them. I was able to ask about potential gluten cross contamination. Very helpful. But a pain to do all of the time. 

On 9/24/2017 at 5:23 PM, kareng said:

I think the stuff mark d FB is really really gluten-free.   Know lots of people that buy it with no issues

What do you mean "marked FB"? Not familiar enough, yet, with Aldis to know.

16 minutes ago, Victoria1234 said:

What do you mean "marked FB"? Not familiar enough, yet, with Aldis to know.

F and G are next to each other on my phone!  And the B is by the G?  Or my stoopid spell check changed whatever the heck I typed to FB for Facebook?  ?.    

Meant G F - Gluten free

Edited by kareng

52 minutes ago, kareng said:

F and G are next to each other on my phone!  And the B is by the G?  Or my stoopid spell check changed whatever the heck I typed to FB for Facebook?  ?.    

Meant G F - Gluten free

Ok thanks!

I buy the gluten-free hot pockets for my kids at Aldi.  They are ok. Their  gluten-free wraps & cookies are decent.