This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bennigan Gluten Free Menu

celiacfreeman

celiacfreeman Contributor

jUST TALKED WITH BENNIGANS

THERE NEW HEALTH CLUB MENU IS GLUTEN FREE

AND IT SAYS IT ON THE MENU!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lauradawn Explorer

That is so cool! Thank you, thank you!

tammy Community Regular

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Do you have any information as to what is on the menu?? I looked on their website and I can't really find anything about it. Thanks!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

KayJay Enthusiast

I went there today and was not so impressed. Sorry to be a downer but they only had about 6 things to choose from. Like a hamburger with out bread stuff like that. I ordered a grilled chicken salad and it came back with curtons and bread on the side. I even told them I can't eat bread. I am not supposed to eat cheese and everything had cheese of course I could get it with out but then I would be eating a piece of meat with a piece of lettuce and a tomato. Again sorry to be a downer I had never liked bennigans anyways but my husband loves it so we go there once in awhile. Just be sure they know that Gluten free does not mean bread free.

I really hope someone else has a better experience than I did. Maybe I just went to a bad one you know.

KAthyB Newbie

I just returned from Bennigan's and was pleasantly surprised to fine the gluten-free menu. My celiac teen wasn't with us but was happy to hear about it. The menu may be limited but it is important to her to be able to order from a menu without having to ask all the gluten questions. I'm sure it is important to mention to your server that although the item is gluten-free, the kitchen needs to be careful not to contaminate.

KathyB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Addicted2Gluten

Does the menu have any gluten free vegan options?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 3 months later...
astyanax Rookie

i'm wondering how much to trust something that says gluten free, like do they know it's possible for cheese and salad dressing to contain gluten? i always wonder about that when restaurants list something as gluten free.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Jesmar
    Newest Member
    Jesmar
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Tanner L
      Yes and variations in their sources for natural and artificial flavors could be the culprit as well.  I might be on the more sensitive side, but I do fine with McDonald's fries and burgers if I take the bun off, and other foods that have certified gluten free ingredients and only cross contamination risk preventing the gluten-free certification. 
    • trents
      Yes, the yeast could have been cultured on a wheat substrate. But another batch may use a yeast extract cultured on something else that did not contain gluten. These food companies will switch suppliers according to what is the cheapest source at any given time. I take it you are a pretty sensitive celiac.
    • Tanner L
      The regular cheddar and sour cream Ruffles have yeast extract, which is probably the source of gluten.  Pinpointing the exact cause of gluten exposure is always tricky, but I've come to learn my initial reaction to gluten compared to the ongoing symptoms that will occur days, weeks, and sometimes months later.  
    • plumbago
      Yes, that's probably best. (Honestly, that is an extraordinarily high number, I've never seen anything like that. I repeated my blood tests (not taken while pregnant BTW); before giving up cake, pizza, and beer, I wanted to know for sure! You don't wanna mess around with anything while pregnant. Congratulations and best of luck!
    • trents
      Here are the ingredients listed for the regular sour cream and cheddar Ruffles: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola, Corn, Soybean, and/or Sunflower Oil), Maltodextrin (Made from Corn), Salt, Whey, Cheddar Cheese (Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Onion Powder, Monosodium Glutamate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Buttermilk, Sour Cream (Cultured Cream, Skim Milk), Lactose, Butter (Cream, Salt), Sodium Caseinate, Yeast Extract, Citric Acid, Skim Milk, Blue Cheese (Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Lactic Acid, Garlic Powder, Artificial Color (Yellow 6, Yellow 5), Whey Protein Isolate, and Milk Protein Concentrate. CONTAINS MILK INGREDIENTS. Here are the ingredients listed for the baked ones: INGREDIENTS: DRIED POTATOES, CORN STARCH, CORN OIL, SUGAR, MALTODEXTRIN (MADE FROM CORN), SALT, SOY LECITHIN, DEXTROSE, WHEY, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ONION POWDER, CHEDDAR CHEESE (MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, BLUE CHEESE (MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), CITRIC ACID, ARTIFICIAL COLOR (YELLOW 6 LAKE, YELLOW 5 LAKE, YELLOW 5, YELLOW 6), SKIM MILK, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, GARLIC POWDER, LACTIC ACID, DISODIUM INOSINATE, AND DISODIUM GUANYLATE. CONTAINS MILK AND SOY INGREDIENTS   They look a lot the same except for the baked product contains soy. What do you suppose is the hidden source of gluten in the regular Ruffles that is not found in the baked ones? Could you be mistaken in attributing your reaction to the Ruffles? Could it have been from gluten in something else you ate around the same time or even a non-gluten tummy event?