Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
2 2
Pghceliac

Glutened at a wedding

Rate this topic

I'm a 30 year old male and was diagnosed with celiac disease 3 years ago by biopsy. Since, I have been extremely careful with what and where I eat as I'm very sensitive. Only a handful of times have I got glutened. However this past weekend I went to a wedding and got it worse than I ever thought possible. Not sure exactly what caused it but its been 3 days and I'm still in tons of pain. It was so bad the next day I went to the ER with a resting heart rate of 120 bpm, usually is high 50's low 60's as I live a relative healthy life style. At the time I didn't even think it was gluten. Had no idea glutening could cause my heart rate to spike but all my blood work was good and they said they couldn't find anything to cause the high bpm. Of course the ER staff didn't think gluten could be the cause. Now a couple days later I have all of the other usual symptoms. Head fog, blurry vision, burping excessively, depression, anxiety, irritability and a bloated feeling in my sternum. This is my first time sharing my experience and I'm doing so to hopefully ease someone else who might feel like this. Here's hoping it passes soon...

• Like 1

Many cases of this in the past few days of people dealing with a recent gluten issues. As normal I can say there are enzymes you take right after you accidentally eat it that can make the symptoms less severe and go away shorter at least gut wise. As for the antibodies your going to have to wait them out. To help with them and address your current issues I suggest upping magnesium and b-vitmains. Drinking plenty of water ,tea, and easy to digest foods. Bone broth is supposed to help if you can drink it.

Mangisum wise depends from person to person and how your gut handles it. But either Natural Vitality Calm starting at 1/4 tsp and upping it slowly to the full dose over a week. this can be a bit harsh on some peoples stomach. If so I suggest Doctors Best also in powder form. These can be dissolved in a drink.

Liquid Health Stress & Energy and Liquid Health Neurological Support....1tbsp each 3 times a day works wonders for the fog, irritability, and neurological issues.

• Like 1

I am so sorry that you are ill.  Celiac disease is like a chameleon.  Symptoms can vary from glutening to glutening in my personal experience.    I hope you recover fast!