Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
2 2
Scott Adams

News: Celiac.com: Gene editing could make wheat safe for celiac sufferers

Rate this topic

Celiac disease is thought to affect 1 in 100 people worldwide. Although ... and blight. Before then, it may also get rid of the irritating gluten-free fad.

View the full article

Honestly I would prefer to have my genes or my kids genes edited to not react to gluten then consume a genetically modified grain. I will not have kids, til we can edit out the genes for celiac, autism, etc. Love how they are advancing the crispr research but why do not they focus on the problem of the genes of the human reacting....Like they just want us to buy more expensive stuff instead of fixing it so we do not have to.  We have plenty of other grains that are gluten free, we have plenty of other alternatives for wheat. Why not fix the disease that has tons of other complications that lead to other AI issues, food intolerance issues, and allergies.   

31 minutes ago, Ennis_TX said:

Honestly I would prefer to have my genes or my kids genes edited to not react to gluten then consume a genetically modified grain. I will not have kids, til we can edit out the genes for celiac, autism, etc. Love how they are advancing the crispr research but why do not they focus on the problem of the genes of the human reacting....Like they just want us to buy more expensive stuff instead of fixing it so we do not have to.  We have plenty of other grains that are gluten free, we have plenty of other alternatives for wheat. Why not fix the disease that has tons of other complications that lead to other AI issues, food intolerance issues, and allergies.   

Trying to change a human's genes is way more complicated and scary than working a plants.  So many things that could go wrong!