This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free Donut Mix?

zeitgeist

zeitgeist Newbie

I've never seen a gluten-free donut mix before. Do they exist?

I have seen a recipe that uses a pancake mix, but it seems

like a mix designed especially for donuts might taste better.

I guess in general I'm just looking for a tasty gluten-free donut,

and I assume that making them at home would give a

better result than store-bought ones.

What's the best gluten-free donut that anyone out there has ever tried?

Does anyone have any experience to share on this topic?

Thanks,

Zeitgeist

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nogluten- Newbie

I'm still waiting for a good one. They all seem like doorstops to me.

mamaw Community Regular

I don't know of a good donut mix but I can tell you that Celiac Specialities in MIchigan makes a excellent glazed donut. I order quite often and they also have a good mac & cheese plus wonderful cream puffs ( which I heard they are going to stop making at the end of this month)

Now, if anyone could find out where to buy nut rolls, I'd be in heeaven.............

blessings

Guest gfinnebraska

For a totally awesome donut, order the ones from Kinnikinnick ~ they taste like the real thing and are heaven!!! :) Here is their web site: Open Original Shared Link The chocolate glazed are my favorite, but they are all yummy!!

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Yes. Order from kinnikinnick. The donuts are not light and airy. They're cake like. I add chocolate something or other from Pillsbury to make them even more delicious.

mommida Enthusiast

Celiac Specialties in Mi. is the best doughnut by far. You can order on-line.

Laura

Lauren M Explorer

I like the kinnikinnick too, but I don't think they're as light as regular donuts. I find them pretty dense, but that makes them filling! I've only had the vanilla and choco dipped ones, but I think they make a maple one. Has anyone tried that? I love maple flavored stuff.

I assume that if you really wanted to make your own donuts, you could use a regular cake mix, right? Then I guess you'd just shape it and fry it like a regular donut? Sorry, I'm no baker, I don't really know how donuts are made haha....

- Lauren

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest gfinnebraska

Yes ~ I've had the maple ones. They are really good as well. :) Hey, what can I say ... I love donuts!! :)

Lauren M Explorer

thanks gfinnebraska - I trust your recommendation and will try the maple ones soon!

- Lauren

Guest gfinnebraska

You're welcome, Lauren! BUT, I don't know if I am doing you a favor... I find those donuts VERY addicting!!

I am "letting" myself order some for a special Christmas treat, but then it is back on the straight and narrow! :ph34r: Hahaha!!

Archived