• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Howdy, howdy,

New to the board and I think I need to take some vitamins, specifically B-complex. I feel like an insane, raving b**** the longer I am gluten-free. I know that wheat products are a very good source for the B's, so it seems likely that I'm missing something there.

Generally speaking, is there a gluten-free vitamin manufacturer? I have many, many other food allergies, so I kind of doubt I'll find a perfect match, but I'll start with the worst offenders (i.e. gluten, at this point).

I am also interested because as of lately I am just crazy...I don't know what is wrong with me...I also feel like an insane raving B***H...any ideas??

I take Centrum--gluten free and easy to find. Also, calcium lactate and vitamin B6. I tried vitamin B12-sublingual, but I felt it interfered with my sleep, so I use it "as needed". I find the B6 to be calming--I feel it helps me with my anxiety. I have read that B6 is good for PMS, so maybe that explains the calming effect.

I take Centrum, a calcium supplement that they just stopped producing that was free of nearly everything, and a folic acid supplement (pretty easy to find--mine said gluten-free on the package--made by CVS pharmacy).