Rate this topic

Hi everyone.  What brand hot dogs do you all eat?  I looked up online and saw a few brands that seem to repeatedly be mentioned as gluten-free.  At my grocery store this morning, they had a list of gluten free items in their deli, and I got Schonlands hot dogs (I think that's how they spell it).  Has anyone had those, and if so, did you feel okay? I'm not even sure yet I am going to eat one.  

https://www.kayemfoodservice.com/products/schonlands/franks/kayem-schonlands-natural-casing-franks-8-1

Does not state gluten free, but does not contain any gluten ingredients,....Here is my concern this a deli bulk item. as in delis buy them and sell them opened? This is a great concern for CC in and how they were handled. Many other things handled by deli personal contain gluten and is why many of us stick to prepackaged foods from a gluten free facility.

Personally as a chef I consider the "Hot Dog" a culinary blasphemy of blended meats. Jennie-o makes some turkey ones, Never had them since I am allergic to corn. I get my cooking meats sausage etc. from a local man who makes and does only longhorn products from his grass fed ones. I heard Coleman makes some good sausage, franks, and kielbasa. I have them on my "one day" list of safe meats to work with.

Thanks for your help, Ennis and kareng.  I did worry about CC in the deli.  I have them planned for Sunday with potato salad and maybe I'll go get some prepackaged ones for myself.  That is good to know that most US ones don't have gluten.  The man at the deli said pretty much they all were on the gluten free list.  At that store they also will cut you any cold cuts on a clean slicer if you have gluten issues.  Or you can go when a store first opens and go ask if the machine has been used yet to cut other possible gluten meats.  I got corn beef last week and that was so good, after not having any in several months.  It was just easy and quick if hungry to go grab a slice out of the fridge and eat, no prep no nothing.  I love having some quick and easy things sometimes. 

Right now I am logging off and going to go try making some flat tortillas with white rice flour, maybe a little bit of coconut flour in it too.  I hope they come out okay.  This message board helps a lot.  Yesterday I was so tired and I was feeling a bit frustrated, but today I feel inspired again from all the different posts and people here.