This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tortilla chips

Jherm21

Jherm21 Community Regular

Are mission corn tortilla chips safe? They of coarse say gluten-free and I've seen random posts about mission but some of the post were ancient history. Also is nutella safe?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Mission by many is considered safe, some have issues with corn, some gluten free corn alternatives are Beanitos (High in restaurant texture slight bean taste corn free), Bean Fields (lighter crisper more rice in them but corn free), and the taste can be really off but there are low carb protein chips like protes, that are dairy free also useing vegan powder.

Nutella I heard is safe, I used to use a generic by Nutiva that had less crap and sugar in it. I have since changed to Nutri-light version which is a sugar free nutella and even use it in my bakery often as a coating on gluten free baked goods and my low carb chocolate cake for a icing. The diabetic customers really like it this last market when I had that out for sampling.

Where do you do you find nutri- light. I actually wanted to ask you personally since I know you do not consume carbs or very minimal how would I approach that diet. Carbs I've realized are creating massive amounts of fatigue for me and reactive hypoglycemia. I just want to make sure I get in enough calories if I were to eliminate a majority of the carbs I eat. If like to stick to my fruit but everything else (esp the processed crap) is unnecessary

kareng Grand Master
9 hours ago, Jherm21 said:

Are mission corn tortilla chips safe? They of coarse say gluten-free and I've seen random posts about mission but some of the post were ancient history. Also is nutella safe?

I eat them often.  Mission makes sooooo many chips and sooooo many corn tortillas- they don't need to share equipment. 

Ennis-TX Grand Master
2 hours ago, Jherm21 said:

Where do you do you find nutri- light. I actually wanted to ask you personally since I know you do not consume carbs or very minimal how would I approach that diet. Carbs I've realized are creating massive amounts of fatigue for me and reactive hypoglycemia. I just want to make sure I get in enough calories if I were to eliminate a majority of the carbs I eat. If like to stick to my fruit but everything else (esp the processed crap) is unnecessary

Open Original Shared Link

You just eat more fat, replace your carbs with protein and fat. Your body just changes gears, the human body is actually designed to rotate with the seasons on foods form higher carb to low carb with high fat and protein. I meal really in nature, winter you would be eating nuts, and other animals not fruits or sweets. SO your just changing those gears takes a week or so but remove all grains, fruits, starchy veggies like potatoes and squash and change over to fats with nuts, seed, eggs, cocoa nibs, meats, fish. Your body changes its fuel to fats instead of carbs, you no longer get bloating, the gut bacteria calm down, and you find yourself getting fuller sooner, staying full longer, and having more mental clarity and energy. Look up ketogenic diet, works great. I use the nutilight as a "treat" without much guilt, using a whole jar of it tomorrow to make hazel nut and chocolate icecream along with some other stuff (6Liter batch).  I use protes chips in moderation also, same with some other foods, if it has more then 5-10g non fiber carbs a severing cut it down to that or do not eat it. Trick is keeping the non fiber carb count down.

Thanks Ennis I shall give it a try.

Archived