Scott Adams

Domino's Pizza Offers Gluten-Free Crust? I Think Not!

Rate this topic

pizza_CC--TAKA_at_P_P_R_S_thumb.jpg

When I first saw the big advertisement that came through the mail I thought, "Wow, we are really getting somewhere!" However, when I read their advertisement my mind was quickly changed by what seems like false advertising.

It reads like a great deal of boasting, followed by the "disclaimer" (At the bottom. Who reads to the end of an advertisement?)

Here's the disclaimer:

"Domino's pizza made with a Gluten Free Crust is prepared in a common kitchen with the risk of gluten exposure. Therefore, Domino's DOES NOT recommend this pizza for customers with celiac disease. Customers with gluten sensitivities should exercise judgment in consuming this pizza."

View the full article

"One Post by Allison on May 7th states "You can't say it is gluten free and then say oh well celiacs can't eat it. Make no sense......."

Marketing vs. quality control 

"The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness supports the availability of Domino's Gluten Free Crust, but cannot recommend the pizza for customers with celiac disease."

Huh? ?

Thanks Admin

at least someone has our back....

Note to self-

no dominos

NFCA endorsed product ?

check celiac.com before... 

?