Jump to content
  • Sign Up
lilo

Foods labeled as allergen free

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

This seems like a good time to ask what happened with the 2014 FDA regulation on the labeling of gluten free foods. First, has it gone into effect? Second, am I correct in reading that it is voluntary?  Really?? What good is that?

Anyway, does anyone have any news or experience with this?

Plumbago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i dont live in US or UK so im sure you dont know the brand . It's a herbal tea company (just uses dried fruits and herbs) and on package it has a label and it says that it doesnt contain any allergens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, plumbago said:

This seems like a good time to ask what happened with the 2014 FDA regulation on the labeling of gluten free foods. First, has it gone into effect? Second, am I correct in reading that it is voluntary?  Really?? What good is that?

Anyway, does anyone have any news or experience with this?

Plumbago

Voluntary, hince the recent concern with the hummus topic, on a side note the GFWD petition seems to be going well.

 

2 hours ago, lilo said:

Well i dont live in US or UK so im sure you dont know the brand . It's a herbal tea company (just uses dried fruits and herbs) and on package it has a label and it says that it doesnt contain any allergens.

Yeah would not know but my concern is what herbs? Some have common cc issues rare but yeah, I only trust 1 tea company after a ton of issues with companies that could not control CC issues when they use barley in just one line. -_-

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Voluntary, hince the recent concern with the hummus topic, on a side note the GFWD petition seems to be going well.

 

Yeah would not know but my concern is what herbs? Some have common cc issues rare but yeah, I only trust 1 tea company after a ton of issues with companies that could not control CC issues when they use barley in just one line. -_-

 

Teas contain daisy,green tea ,cinnamon sticks,leaves,apple,sage,lemon,orange ,pineapple .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...