lilo

Foods labeled as allergen free

Rate this topic

This seems like a good time to ask what happened with the 2014 FDA regulation on the labeling of gluten free foods. First, has it gone into effect? Second, am I correct in reading that it is voluntary?  Really?? What good is that?

Anyway, does anyone have any news or experience with this?

Plumbago

Well i dont live in US or UK so im sure you dont know the brand . It's a herbal tea company (just uses dried fruits and herbs) and on package it has a label and it says that it doesnt contain any allergens.

2 hours ago, plumbago said:

This seems like a good time to ask what happened with the 2014 FDA regulation on the labeling of gluten free foods. First, has it gone into effect? Second, am I correct in reading that it is voluntary?  Really?? What good is that?

Anyway, does anyone have any news or experience with this?

Plumbago

Voluntary, hince the recent concern with the hummus topic, on a side note the GFWD petition seems to be going well.

2 hours ago, lilo said:

Well i dont live in US or UK so im sure you dont know the brand . It's a herbal tea company (just uses dried fruits and herbs) and on package it has a label and it says that it doesnt contain any allergens.

Yeah would not know but my concern is what herbs? Some have common cc issues rare but yeah, I only trust 1 tea company after a ton of issues with companies that could not control CC issues when they use barley in just one line. -_-

4 hours ago, Ennis_TX said:

Voluntary, hince the recent concern with the hummus topic, on a side note the GFWD petition seems to be going well.

Yeah would not know but my concern is what herbs? Some have common cc issues rare but yeah, I only trust 1 tea company after a ton of issues with companies that could not control CC issues when they use barley in just one line. -_-

Teas contain daisy,green tea ,cinnamon sticks,leaves,apple,sage,lemon,orange ,pineapple .